- Reporting to the head of Strategy & Operations, GI DDU , this person will be responsible for managing all aspects of business development opportunity triage and early diligence within the GI DDU and will be responsible for all external licensing opportunity project management and tracking
- Provision of clear communications materials and records around external opportunity strategy, triage, review and status
- The successful candidate will play a critical role in the growing relationship between GI DDU, the Center for External Innovation (CEI), BD and potential partners and as such will play a highly significant role in GI DDU performance.
Qualifications EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCE AND SKILLS
- Provides operational support to all aspects of the GI DDU's external licensing efforts
- Works closely with the GI DDU leadership team across Takeda international sites (UK, Switzerland, US, Australia, Japan), CEI colleagues and other GI DDU stakeholders throughout Takeda to support and organise integrated reviews of external business development opportunities at the pre-IND stage
- Manages the GI DDU team due diligence workflow, ensuring that deliverables are provided on schedule
- Acts as a key facilitator to initiate new external opportunity reviews, from an operational and administrative perspective
- Responsible for monitoring and reporting on diligence review status, relevant performance metrics, goals, etc.
- Contributes to monthly GI DDU reports
- Refine models & tools for external opportunity triage and review
- The person in this role must be proactive, resourceful, self-motivated and should possess good interpersonal skills to interact professionally with all levels within the organization and with external company representatives, and consultants
- Has experience of working through virtual and/or matrix team models and demonstrated ability to act independently through complex cross-functional matrices and international sites.
- Accurate, precise and facilitatory communication skills are necessary with experience of business development being an advantage
- Project management experience in biopharma/healthcare or healthcare related consulting required.
- Excellent general problem solving and project management skills and a proven ability to manage multiple projects and to simplify and organize complex tasks
- 4+ years experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry with a demonstrable basic understanding of drug discovery & development practices
- Bachelor's in a relevant business discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required
• 15% (within US); Occasional international
we are driven to improve people's lives www.takedajobs.com Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx *LI-ND1-USA No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please. Schedule
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered, supported and inspired to use their unique talents toward our mission to serve patients.