American Express Global Business Travel (GBT) equips companies of all sizes with the insights, tools, services and expertise they need to keep their travelers safe, focused and productive while on the road. With approximately 12,000 employees and operations in nearly 120 countries worldwide, GBT empowers customers to take control of their travel programs, optimizing the return on their travel and meetings investments, while, more importantly, providing extraordinary traveler care.
American Express Global Business Travel is in the business of transporting a company's most vital and valuable resources - their employees.Business travel is driven by the very human art of face-to-face interactions to move business forward.These business travelers deserve a simple, smart and efficient travel experience that not only puts them in the best possible position to succeed in their business pursuits, but also gets them home to their family and friends.
We arm our human experts with the best technology in the business, backed by smart data and actionable insights, to help solve travelers' problems faster. In fact, we even jump in and solve issues before travelers even know there is a problem.
Because at the end of the day, we are all business travelers - and fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers, girlfriends, boyfriends and best friends, too. We know how important getting home on time is, maintaining your lifestyle on the road, and feeling safe and taken care of so that you can focus on what really matters to you.
Learn more at amexglobalbusinesstravel.com and amexglobalbusinesstravel.com/content/ . Follow us @ twitter.com/amexgbt .
We have a great opportunity for an experienced communications professional to develop and execute our global partnerships and external communications strategies for American Express Global Business Travel (GBT). This position will manage global travel association(s) and industry event(s) partnerships via strategic public relations principles as well as play an integral role in supporting the global PR team for external communications strategy and projects.
Traditional channels /media, social media, industry conferences, events and other public engagements will be used to establish measurable impact on a brand position and identity, support sales, drive adoption and promote key initiatives. Responsibilities include:
- Liaise and work closely with GBT Marketing team for non-travel industry events in relevant verticals to reach the end traveler ensuring a coordinated 360-degree approach across PR, Marketing and Social Media.
- Global ACTE, GBTA and BTN Partnerships relationship manager; serving as the main point of contact for all GBT related matters:
- Contract negotiations and budgeting oversight for all Association sponsorships
- Association partnership strategy development
- Oversee Meetings & Events team
- Manage GBT's physical representation in the form of booths, stands, and marketing collateral (in partnerships with PR, Marketing and Sales)
- Manage content-based opportunities such as keynotes, education sessions, and the talk tracks our people use to convey our messages to external audiences (in partnership with PR, Marketing and sales)
- Serve as the point person for the Operating Committee, Commercial Leadership Team, Executive Hosts and attendees for each event.
* Contribute to and support the external global communications strategy development and execution of the communications & PR plan.
* Participate as part of PR, industry relations and communications management team, developing strategy, contributing to an aggressive media calendar and supporting execution with focus on GBT's Commercial and Meetings & Events organizations globally.
* Support day-to-day public relations activities globally for GBT including proactive and reactive media relations, the drafting and approval of press releases, speeches and other external-facing materials.
* Partner with team members to develop and execute against broad relationship strategy for major associations such as GBTA, ACTE and BTN.
* Manage media opportunities and provide speaker support for all trade show and industry events, including sponsorships, speaking engagements, road shows and customer advisory boards
* Support external crisis communications globally in coordination with other departments and across the PR team.
* Monitor major issues that could surface in the media, and develop communications strategies to effectively address them.
* Work with the Global PR team to develop strategies to leverage business activities with traditional and social media.
* Meet or exceed performance measures to ensure high ROI on all communications and event activities
* Assist VP Global Communications to manage the global PR budget.
* Manage ad hoc assignments as needed. Coordinate with business leaders regarding employee communications to ensure consistency between internal and external communications globally.
* Build and foster strong relationships across the GBT organization; develops deep partnerships that drive excellent content development opportunities / output Qualified candidates will have the following:
* Minimum 4 years experience in PR or corporate communications on client or agency side. Travel industry experience a plus
* Experience managing brand presence from start to finish for external trade shows and events required.
* Degree in related field (liberal arts, journalism, communications, etc.), or equivalent in work experience
* Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills
* Strong, versatile writer and presenter of information/communication through a variety of formats web, video, feature articles, announcements, etc.
* Familiarity with travel industry and trade press preferred
* Skilled with project management and ability to handle multiple priorities and projects
* Grace under pressure and ability to meet aggressive deadlines.
* Self-starter; personally motivated, resourceful, and comfortable working in a fast-paced, global, virtual work environment
* Highly-organized, thorough and detail-oriented
* Adaptable, creative thinker with excellent judgment and discretion Location
United States>New Jersey>Jersey City
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job, without regard to age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, citizenship or marital status, and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation, harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement
For help, please contact our support team at GBT.Talent@aexp.com .