The Global Sales Systems (GSS) Plan team is looking for a dynamic leader experienced in managing a staff of program managers. She or he will possess strategic leadership skills, have a track record of successful solution delivery and be experienced in maintaining effective business relationships within a solution delivery discipline. The GSS Plan Manager will manage a team of program managers and will provide coaching, mentorship and guidance to the team to ensure that projects are delivered on time and with the highest standards. The ideal candidate has demonstrated success in a Program Manager and Business Relationship role with a proven ability to lead, manage & participate on multiple teams effectively with a consulting style.
You are a proven leader with exceptional project management, analytical and problem solving skills that is comfortable interacting with all levels, including executive management, sales, finance, engineering, and sales operations leaders and colleagues. You are able to handle highly sensitive, confidential, and non-routine information supporting a rapidly changing organization. You will have a level of integrity and drive to get things done. You're a self-starter who knows when to step back and trust your team and when to step in and roll-up your sleeves. Using your strong communication skills, you'll effectively collaborate with a variety of people and job functions, juggling and accomplishing tasks of moderate to high complexity and are able to work productively in a fast-paced, team- oriented environment with a great attitude. You're also able to analyze and anticipate the needs of your team, managers, business partners and their projects. You have the ability to perform professionally in a challenging environment, along with the grace and willingness to change direction when circumstances demand. Responsibilities
- Lead a team of Program Managers to project manage and apply a structured business architecture approach for capturing the key views of the Global Sales Organization on strategic enterprise wide initiatives
- Proven ability to manage and mentor others; viewed as a leader and mentor and sought out for advice and council within and outside of direct team
- Identify and analyze improvements to the business - opportunities for increased competitive advantage, cost efficiency and revenue growth - to support the Global Sales Organization's strategic and operational goals
- Ability to assimilate and correlate disconnected documentation and drawings, and articulate their collective relevance to the organization and to high-priority business issues
- Ability to lead and influence in a matrix environment is critical
- Foster collaboration, value others perspectives and gain support and buy-in for organizational proposals
- Ability to negotiate with peers and senior leaders to come to agreed upon and productive solutions to business problems
- Proven ability to create and further develop strong relationships with both business and engineering leadership
- Partner with cross-functional teams and Sales Systems project teams to produce requirements and design for business capabilities that align to LinkedIn's business and technology strategies
- Identify solutions using standard analysis techniques such as business process and information flow modeling, case analysis, workflow analysis, functional decomposition analysis
- Own end-to-end process management for the Global Sales Organization
- Publish related policies and procedures
- 8+ years of business process analysis and system design experience
- 6+ years of successful project management/coordination or relative consulting experience
- Experience using multiple software development methodologies including one of the following: Waterfall or Agile/SCRUM
- Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Arts
- 6+ years experience planning IT strategy/roadmaps and deploying software initiatives
- 4+ years experience using or configuring Salesforce.com CRM
- 2+ years leading a team of program managers
- PMI Certification or Six Sigma training also highly valued
- Outstanding leadership, facilitation and problem-solving skills. Ability to effectively collaborate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- A broad enterprise-wide view of the business and varying degrees of appreciation of strategy, processes and capabilities, enabling technologies and governance
- Strong situational analysis and decision making abilities
- Must be systems-oriented, enjoy working with new tools, and be a self-motivated learner
- Well-versed in software product/service market strategies
- The ability to visualize and create high-level models (rigorous information-rich diagrams) that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the business architecture
- The ability to apply architectural principles, methods, and tools to business challenges
- Experience working in fast paced, high-growth, and results orientated environment that demands excellence.
- Ability to succeed in a highly collaborative team environment with multiple in-flight initiatives and stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication skills and the demonstrable ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations
A little about us:
LinkedIn's vision is to create economic opportunity for every member of the global workforce. Our employee talent is our #1 operating priority.