Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
The software training & support manager will be responsible for the distribution, training, support, and overall customer satisfaction for all commercialized software products that are within department scope. Additionally, the software support manager will help guide the development of new and existing software by acting as a bridge between users and developers. This position will also be responsible for the supporting material, documentation, and localization of commercialized software. The manager will be a strategic partner with PM and Sales to drive usage of the software by customers to enable product sales pull through by the software.
Facilitate software sales and installation
Develop and provide internal(sales) and external (customer) training
- Provide consultancy and product knowledge during sales process; assist the prospect making the decision fast and easy.
- Demonstrate the use and application of the software on exhibitions and customer sites.
- Support and advise sales on creation of quotes for software and training
- Develop and maintain pricing for the software
- Create and maintain the easiest and best means for customers to acquire and manage their licenses, download, install and upgrade all software programs
Managing Global Team
- Keep track of training needs and inform sales and existing users about training offering.
- Develop and create presentation material for live training sessions, e-learning and webinars.
- Train users on the functionality and use of the software.
- Train and facilitate local regional trainers and support engineers.
- Contribute to training communication and promotion, such as planning, website, folders and training announcements.
- Contribute to training programs that also include the use of specific design software.
- Ensure that relevant software education is included in corporate sales training programs
- Manage global team and department budget. Align budgets to the segment strategy and make resourcing decisions to support the highest impact programs
- Motivate and develop a global team and unleash their individual talent and potential. Ensure sharing of best practices and prioritization globally, to leverage the scale of the global team
- Ensure that the department is providing a competitive advantage for the segment and align with PM, Sales to drive these advantages.
- Translate the organizational and functional goals into individual tasks and specific action items for the local team members
Support (customer and internal)
- Develop and create promotion material
- Develop and conduct product presentations to generate product awareness and demand
- Develop sales tools and sales training material
- Attend industry trade shows along with required supporting material and training activities
- Support product launches
- Gather and maintain a robust repository of VOC and competitive information
Team member development and leadership
- Manage software-related support, feedback and inquiries from users
- Advise and assist users by providing design examples and /or calculations.
- Advise on the integration and implementation process of the software.
- Track and maintain user questions and feedback in a way that can be measured and referenced
- Create an internal/external knowledge base for use by customer support/service as well as by customers themselves
- Work with quality assurance and the development team to test and ensure that new software or versions of existing software are suitable for commercialization
Training program and License Administration
- Manage, lead and develop global team of support and training specialists who reside in multiple geographies around the world
- Responsible for registration and renewal of software licenses.
- Responsible for issuing and archiving signed license contracts for all licenses.
- Issue new licenses, codes and dongles upon new sales, initial license and maintenance.
- Monitor Sales process on correct invoicing of training services and the pricing thereof through ERP and Data Warehouse Systems.
- Responsible for training and trainee administration.
- Customer Services - Customers
- Sales teams - Engineers
- Product Management - Consultants
- Marketing - Authorities
- Software development team
Job Qualifications: Qualifications needed
- Travel frequently (extended hours)
- Extended periods of PC work
- Extended periods of standing while giving presentations and demo's
Bachelor degree or similar background through education or experience.
- Good understanding of the sales process.
- Software sales or development experience, ability to learn and understand a variety of complex software programs
- Proficient in the use of SprinkCad and/or Autodesk design programs such as AutoCAD/Revit
- Salesforce.com & SAP experience is highly desirable
- Knowledge of or experience with working at contractor level.
- Fire protection design experience a plus
- Knowledge of Windows, MS-Office and SAP.
- Good verbal and written command of English.
- Driver's license/pass port.
- People manager, inspiring leadership
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Customer focus
- Strategic thinking
- Managing through systems
- Organization and planning
- Learning /Change Agility
- Functional / Technical skills
- Building effective teams
- Drive for results
- Action oriented
- Strong presentation Skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Time Management
- Conflict management
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.