Responsible for the development and management of grant relationships with nonprofit organizations aligned to the mission of the Foundation, including identifying and vetting appropriate organizations, structuring grants, integrating volunteerism and ensuring expected outcomes are met. The position is also responsible for helping to co-develop and execute the strategic plan for grant relationships, while ensuring that the Foundation is receiving appropriate reputational benefits and mitigating risk. Additional responsibilities include developing strong working partnerships with existing and new nonprofit organizations, partnering on and reviewing grant requests, negotiating grant contracts, managing program budgets, and publicly representing the Foundation.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
- With guidance from Sr. Manager, develop and guide the strategy for program grants and implementing the Foundation programs and initiatives, including defining the social impact and outcomes of said program
- Actively initiate, develop and maintain significant partnerships with nonprofit organizations to implement and execute the Foundation programs and initiatives
- Manage the grants process for major philanthropy program, including setting the criteria for grants, identifying and assessing nonprofit organizations, evaluating grant proposals, and evaluating the outcome of grant relationships
- Monitor, analyze and report out on program outcomes and the progress of program goals on social impacts
- Responsible for proper fiscal management of program budgeted funds
- Partner with non-profits and internal communications organization to appropriately amplify the Foundation message and social impact with external and internal audiences
- Partner with corporate volunteerism organization to effectively integrate volunteerism into grant relationships to drive associate engagement
- Provide guidance and partnership to arrange volunteer opportunities with non-profits for associates at the Company headquarters in the Atlanta area
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to Senior Manager, The Home Depot Foundation
- No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but may require the technical leadership of a project work team in some instances. Participates in recommendations concerning selection, performance appraisal and professional development of associates. May occasionally need to provide technical training to others; provide information necessary to meet work, project or program objectives; evaluate program or project performance.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 5 years
Most of the time is spent in an office environment sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On occasions there may be a need to move or lift light to moderate items
- Extensive knowledge of administrative procedures, policies and practices of grant-makers
- Ability to manage, extract and analyze data and outcomes
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience dealing with social issues surrounding military veterans (particularly around housing)
- Track record of demonstrated success in the non-profit sector
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who can thrive in a fast paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Excellent writing, presentation and corporate communication skills
- Understands the mission, strategies, structure and external competitive environment of the company and has the ability to apply this understanding to develop Foundation strategies, partnerships and programs
- Ability to design and utilize diverse communications methods and tools to effectively target messages to internal and external stakeholders and clearly convey thoughts, concepts and direction
- Demonstrated program design and management experience in strategic communications, community relations, project management, public affairs, or related field
- Proven track record of administering and maximizing budgets
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with nonprofit organizations and make donation decisions
- Knowledge of grants administration software tools and workflow management
- Experience planning and leading group volunteer projects
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!