That quest to change banking for good shows up across our business, and we’re making real time improvements that positively shape our customer’s financial health. As a company, we’re looking beyond today, and innovating for the future. Entrepreneurship is deeply ingrained in the DNA of our company – stemming from our founder, CEO, and Chairman of the Board – Richard Fairbank.
As a member of the team, you’ll work to build and maintain a multi-PB production data lake running in the cloud. You will tune our cluster for optimal performance while balancing cost and resilience. You will efficiently leverage infrastructure provisioning tools such as Docker, Ansible, Mesos, Terraform, CFT to automate deployment of cloud based environments. You will build and tenaciously keep Big data infrastructure in cloud & in Capital One datacenters operational across various platforms such as Hadoop, Streaming etc. Responsibilities will include working with developers to build out CI/CD pipelines, enable self-service build tools, and reusable deployment jobs.
Any given day you will:
- Design end-to-end engineering solutions for business opportunities using existing on premises or new Cloud based technology platforms
- Tenaciously keep the Big Data infrastructure (Hadoop and peripheral tools) operational across various environments in datacenters & AWS Cloud.
Install and manage Cloudera, Hortonworks, and Open source Hadoop, various tools & tech stack in datacenter & AWS Cloud environments.
- Deploy & manage EMR, Redshift, and Dynamo DB etc. services based applications’ needs on AWS
- Lift & shift of on premises Big Data applications / tools to AWS Cloud.
Work with the team to build the Big Data platform solutions for different business needs
- Develop scripts and glue code to integrate multiple software components
- Proactively monitor environments and drive troubleshooting and tuning
- Demonstrate deep knowledge in OS, networking, Hadoop & Cloud technologies to troubleshoot issues
- Evaluate & build different compute frameworks for all tiers for technologies in AWS cloud.
- Identify technical obstacles early and work closely with team to find creative solutions to build prototypes & develop deployment strategies, procedures
- Build prototypes for open source technology solutions
Who you are:
- You yearn to be part of cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering world-class solutions on an aggressive schedule
- Someone who relishes challenges; thrives even under pressure; is passionate about their craft; and hyper focused on delivering exceptional results
- You love to learn new technologies and mentor junior engineers to raise the bar on your team
- Passion for automation of everything to release fast, frequently, and reliably.
- Experience in deploying scalable and highly available fault tolerant platforms using AWS & third party offered services. (EMR, Dynamo DB, Redshift, Cloudera, etc.)
- Automator. You know how to script and automate anything and everything, from test to environment provisioning
- You have deep understanding on Cloud technologies, backbone structure & service offered, specially by AWS.
- Curiousity. You ask why, you explore, you're not afraid to blurt out your crazy idea. You probably have a Bachelors, Masters or higher degree
- Do-er. You have a bias toward action, you try things, and sometimes you fail.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military Experience
- At least 4 years of IT experience
- At least 1 years of hands on experience deploying and managing AWS based applications
- At least 3 years of experience providing enterprise Linux based system administration
- At least 2 years of experience working with code repositories and Git, GitHub, Nexus, or Jenkinsbuild tools
- At least 2 years of experience with automation tools such as Chef or Ansible,
- At least 1 year of experience with MySQL, Postgres, Elastic Search, Docker, or Mesos,
- At least 1 year of experience in OO programming
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology
- 3+ years of overall IT experience in an enterprise cloud environment
- 2+ years of experience with administration and build experience of big data technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, or EMR
- 1+ year of experience in Metadata Hub (Ab Initio) or Data Quality (Informatica) or Collibra
- 1+ year of experience with scripting, Python, Java, R
- 1+ year of experience with Docker, Mesos, Kubernetes, or ECS
- 3+ years of experience in designing, deploying, administrating enterprise class Big Data clusters
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.