The Johnson and Johnson Medical Device (MD) Sector HEMA Center of Excellence (HEMA COE) is recruiting for an Manager, Health Economics and Market Access, Ethicon and can be based in Madison WI, Somerville NJ as well as the preferred location of Cincinnati OH.
The MD HEMA COE is being created to support all HEMA activities across all business units within the Johnson & Johnson Medical Device companies.
Health Economics and Market Access support for focus ETHICON projects. The Manager, Franchise Health Economics & Market Access is a key position within the COE and will work to support the business objectives of ETHICON with dedicated responsibility for specific assigned Platforms and projects. The Manager of FHEMA will work with the Associate Director to ensure market access requirements are understood and built-in to the product pipeline through Target Product Profiles and Value Propositions that reflect the needs of non-clinical stakeholders and the development and execution lifecycle evidence of value and market access strategies that enable market access and commercial success.
Position Duties & Responsibilities
• Drive development and execution of evidence strategies for key products support global market access
• Development of robust value propositions for products in the pipeline to meet the requirements of clinical and non-clinical external stakeholders
• Development of value tools including value dossiers, value briefs and economic models
• Collaboration with clinical research in the design of clinical trials to support market access
• Development of scientific publications
• Support development of evidence development utilizing Real World Data (RWD) sources
• Development of key tools to support key internal stakeholders
• Collaborate closely with global partners to adapt and develop materials for economic stakeholders
• Gather critical VOC from economic stakeholders to shape evidence development
• Connect and lead evidence generation process for new product development projects
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and preference for advanced degree in a HEMA related discipline is required.
• A minimum of 1-3+ years of experience in a highly regulated, commercial med device, pharma or consulting business are required.
• Currently undertaking an advanced degree in a HEMA related discipline would be acceptable.
• Experience planning and executing health economic and outcomes research studies from concept through publication (including management of research vendors or consultants) would be preferred.
• Basic understanding of medical delivery systems, reimbursement, market access conditions and health policy trends in major global markets is an asset.
• Basic knowledge of evidence requirements that impact reimbursement and market access is required.
• This position may require up to 10% domestic and international travel, depending on the location of the role.
Functional and Technical Competencies:
• Basic understanding/experience & business acumen in surgical medical devices.
• HEMA experience in one or more areas critical to the medical device organization is an asset.
• Basic knowledge of global reimbursement systems is preferred.
• Understanding of and experience in Health Technology Assessment is an asset.
• Strong communication skills are preferred
BE VITAL in your career, Be seen for the talent you bring to your work. Explore opportunities within the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies.
United States-Ohio-CincinnatiOther Locations
North America-United States-Wisconsin-Madison, North America-United States-New Jersey-SomervilleOrganization
Ethicon Inc. (6045)Job Function
Health Economics R&D
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.