Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an exceptional leader & strategic thinker who will drive analytics strategy for Hearthstone.
Your team will be multidisciplinary and includes business & gameplay insights analysts, dashboard developers, data scientists, data engineers, and program managers. At your fingertips will be an ever-growing ocean of data summarizing every card played, quest completed, pack opened, and so much more. Your challenge will be to contribute to Hearthstone's continued success as a game and a business as our millions of players warm their feet by the tavern's fire.
Our ideal candidate is confident in their ability to champion an analytics-driven initiative yet humble enough to learn from the dozens of designers, engineers, and other partners that participate in making Hearthstone the experience our players deserve.Responsibilities
- Develop and manage towards a data analytics vision for Hearthstone
- Conceptualize, design, and deliver insight-driven analysis to inform and shape decisions
- Partner with the senior leadership of Blizzard and the Hearthstone development team to understand strategic priorities and operational needs
- Manage and professionally develop a multidisciplinary team of analytics professionals all focused on Hearthstone
- Collaborate with other Blizzard game and discipline-based analytical teams
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of current Hearthstone news and gameplay trends
- Stay abreast of global video game industry business trends and proactively consider implications for Blizzard
- Proven ability to deliver results and impact
- Successful record of building and mentoring high-performing analytical teams
- MBA or other advanced degree in analytical field from a top-tier institution
- Minimum 8 years' experience with strategic problem solving and delivering results to stakeholders
- Exemplary professional communication skills
- Experience with large individual customer behavioral data sets (gaming, retail, financial services) and expertise in analytical best practices
- Deep understanding of the video games industry and Hearthstone's role in the gaming ecosystem
- Considerable experience with Hearthstone as a player
- Experience with relational databases, big-data infrastructure (i.e. Hadoop), and data analysis tools (i.e. SQL & Tableau)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We've worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
A little about us:
Blizzard Entertainment is a premier developer/publisher of entertainment software, including World of Warcraft, StarCraft, Diablo, and Hearthstone.