Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Maintains an efficient fleet that is safe, clean, and in good mechanical condition with maximum utilization at the lowest possible cost; and ensures that all vehicles and equipment is maintained in accordance with all applicable Local, State, Federal, and WMI requirements. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Responsible for planning, budgeting, staffing, discipline, and implementation of all maintenance initiatives and programs.
- Promotes a safe work environment in compliance with Corporate and OSHA requirements.
- Ensures that equipment is repaired and returned to service in a safe and timely manner.
- Adheres to company policies and procedures.
- Plans, implements and monitors preventative maintenance activities.
- Ensures that the following metrics and programs are at optimal levels: staffing & overtime ratios, PMI scheduling, Warranty Claims Systems (WCS), Total Tire Management (TTM), spare equipment ratio, parts/inventory management and Fleet Pride.Hires, trains, supervises, rewards and disciplines maintenance staff under their jurisdiction in accordance with established policies.
- Communicates and interacts effectively with team members and supervisors.
- Evaluates and monitors the budget.
- Provides input for capital expenditures and improvements.
- Assures that fuel and meter readings, maintenance activities, parts inventory, parts and labor costs, work orders, licenses, and warranties are maintained according to established processes.
- Generates and disseminates daily, weekly and monthly reports as required.
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the management of supervisory employees. This includes:
Direct supervision of 2 or more full-time employees, including: shift supervisors, operations specialist, etc.
Indirect supervision of 32 full-time employees, including technicians / heavy truck mechanics. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) on in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED and four years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Seven years of prior work experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting and/or landfill/outdoor. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."