Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk . Great people make Schneider Electric a great company. What do you get to do in this position?
Qualifications: This job might be for you if:
- Analyzes and interprets integrated information to improve business efficiency and effectiveness by using various advance analytics methodologies; developing creative solutions across business areas that meet that business goal; using judgement to assign what activities must be done; and ensuring data accuracy.
- Manages strategies, processes, projects, and analytical best practices by partnering with cross-functional teams across the business; benchmarking with industry experts through continuous education and use of networks; developing assessment of key opportunities, supporting the development and execution of long-range plans; communicating with and influencing decision-makers and executives within the organization; and providing specialized leadership and insights throughout life cycle of change initiatives.
- Consult with internal organizations on strategic initiatives by developing high-level plans to achieve strategic goals; prioritizing and executing work streams for global strategies; supporting the integration and prioritization of timelines, tasks, analysis and team assignments, and ensuring strategic initiatives achieve financial goals.
- Provide data-based insights for strategy by designing statistical or heuristic models for applications involving multiple statistical techniques and/or stakeholders, coordinating the development of complete datasets needed to support the analytics work; coordinating with internal and external partners to build consistent and accurate strategy for using functional area metrics; developing statistical or segmentation models; identifying critical factors influencing project objectives; performing or directing analyses utilizing advanced softwares and techniques (for example, statistical analysis software (SAS), dynamic structured query language (SQL), geospatial, etc); and evaluating and interpreting results accurately.
- Provides and support the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes and new responsibilities.
- Models compliance with company policies and procedures and supports company mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by incorporating these into the development and implementation of business plans.
- Demonstrates up to date expertise in data analytics and applies this to the development, execution and improvement of action plans by providing expertise advice and guidance to others in the application of information and best practices; supporting and aligning efforts to meet customer and business needs; and building commitment for perspectives and rationales.
- Customer Centered: Meet internal and external customer needs - Identifies the requirements, expectations and needs of customers. Supports and aligns with initiatives, goals, and actions focused on improving customer service. Addresses the concerns and issues of internal and external customers. Uses customer data, analyses and insights to improve customer related decisions.
- Judgment: Demonstrate professional judgement - Researches and integrates relevant information and data, and uses expertise to make recommendations or decisions. Identifies and applies sound, fact-based criteria in setting priorities and making decisions. Uses business measures and analyses to identify improvement opportunities. Probes and looks beyond symptoms to the determine the root causes of problems and identify possible solutions.
- Execution and results: Focus on execution and results - Aligns and pursues work activities to achieve the mission and business priorities of the organization. Shares information, practices, and resources across functions, organizations, and locations to improve performance. Effectively uses existing processes and tools to achieve performance objectives. Uses and explains major process steps to manage time, resources and challenges to meet goals.
- Planning and improvement: Plan for and improve performance - Develops and implements plans, practices, and processes to better achieve organizational goals. Develop contingency plans to manage or eliminate potential problems. Identifies and recommends ways to continually improve and streamline processes and practices.
- Influence and communicate: Build influence - Develops and presents logical, convincing reasons in support of one's perspectives and initiatives. Proactively shares relevant information and timely updates with appropriate people. Listen attentively and ask questions to ensure understanding. Researches information for and prepares documents and presentations that effectively convey relevant information in a timely manner.
- Ethics and compliance: Model ethics and compliance - Complies with policies and procedures. Demonstrates ethical performance. Support efforts to enforce compliance with policies and procedures.
- Adaptability: Adapt professionally - Demonstrates creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles, and adversity. Adapt to competing demand and shifting priorities. Updates and shares knowledge and skills to keep current in one's area of expertise. Embraces change and supports its implementation.
- Build relationships: Builds trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances across functional and organizational boundaries. Relates to others in an accepting and respectful manner, regardless of their organizational level, personality or background. Collaborates with people from diverse backgrounds, experiences and functional areas to discover new perspectives.
- Ethics and compliance: Complies with policies and procedures. Demonstrate ethical performance. Supports efforts to enforce compliance with policies and procedures.
- Adaptability: Demonstrate creativity and strength in the face of change, obstacles and adversity. Adapts to competing demands and shifting priorities. Updates and shares knowledge and skills to keep current as a professional and perform at a high level. Embraces change and supports its implementation.
- Build relationships: Build trusting, collaborative relationships and alliances across functional and organizational boundaries. Relates to others in an accepting and respectful manner, regardless of their organizational level, personality or background. Collaborate with people from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and functional areas to discover new perspectives .
The following physical activities are necessary to perform one or more essential functions of this position:
- Observes associate, customer or supplier behavior
- Enters and locates information on computer
- Presents information to small or large groups and individuals
- Communicates effectively in person or by using telecommunications equipment
- Creates documents, reports, etc using a writing instrument (such as a pencil or pen) or computer
- Visually verifies information, often in small print
- Reads information, often in small print
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 4 years experience in an analytics related field OR Master's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field and 2 years of experience in an analytics related field OR Doctor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Industrial Organizational Psychology, Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field.
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- Certificate in business analytics, data mining or statistical analysis
- 4 years experience with statistical programming languages (for example SAS)
- 4 years experience with SQL and relational databases (for example DB2, Oracle, SQL server)
- 4 years experience using a business intelligence (BI) tool (for example, Oracle) to create reports to specifications
- 4 years experience developing and testing website applications
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY . Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.