Penske's HRIS Manager will collaborate with HR leadership and operations to establish an HR technology footprint aimed at enhancing the department's efficiency and effectiveness in HR Service Delivery. We are looking for a leader who has demonstrated understanding of systems, strong problem solving through creativity and collaboration, communication, and effective change management.
Initially the role will focus on the maintenance of the existing HRIS systems and processes in place, but will help drive the future business vision and systems strategy efforts to adapt new and innovative HR technology solutions to support our workforce of over 30,000 associates. The HRIS Manager oversees a team of seven and all aspects of the HR systems including configuration, data integrity, system testing, upgrades and analyzing data flows for process improvement opportunities.
Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor's degree along with 5-7 years of experience in an HRIS environment with at least 3 years of experience in a leadership role. Individuals with HR system implementation experience affecting multiple locations are optimal for this role.
- Lead the HRIS team in managing the day-to-day activities to support HR, Payroll, and other inter-related functions by establishing goals, maintaining staffing needs, setting parameters, monitoring performance, developing talent, and recognizing outstanding efforts.
- Manage the portfolio of HRIS projects by developing and monitoring the HR Technology roadmap, guiding and directing project leads, and collaborating with process owners to ensure deliverables and commitments are achieved.
- Ensure MIS, vendor services and outsourced activities are rendered effectively and efficiently by measuring and reviewing performance, future needs, and resolving potential issues.
- Develop HRIS policies, guidelines and procedures to ensure systems and web sites are fully operating and maintained.
- Conduct cost benefit analysis and provide recommendations regarding investments in HR Technology.
- Conform to Company standards and practices to comply with Internal Audit and SOX controls.
- Oversee the user acceptance testing process.
- May often have responsibility for the configuration and maintenance of reference tables, vendor applications, or reporting and dashboard tools
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- 5-7 years in HRIS environment
- 3-5 years of leadership and system and application design/management experience
- Bachelor degree required, MBA preferred
- Experience with managing technology vendor relationships and implementations required
- Experience with project management of complex technology focused projects
- Experience managing multiple priorities, pressures and deadlines
- Experience working with Saas and on-premise solutions
- Solid understanding of all functional areas of Human Resources in order to convert multiple concepts into working functionalities, strongly preferred
- Prior experience with change management in a large, diverse organization, strongly preferred
- Full knowledge of Oracle E-Business Suite HR and Taleo Talent Management suite, preferred
- Technical skills include query/report writing, database design, wide understanding of systems and architecture, security, web and desktop applications development experience, SQL programming, preferred
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification preferred
- Willingness to travel including potential international travel as required to support HR systems and processes
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
- Willingness to work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
- The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including individuals with disabilities and protected veterans.
Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pa., is a partnership of Penske Corporation, Penske Automotive Group, and Mitsui & Co., Ltd. A $6.4 billion leading global transportation services provider, Penske operates more than 260,000 vehicles, employs approximately 30,000 associates, and serves customers from more than 1,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe, Asia, and Australia. Our product lines include full-service truck leasing, contract fleet maintenance, used truck sales, and commercial and consumer truck rentals. Our subsidiary Penske Logistics provides supply chain management and logistics solutions.
A little about us:
Penske Truck Leasing and Penske Logistics proudly recruits and hires veterans nationwide. We’re annually listed on the Victory Media Top 100 Military-Friendly Employer list (they publish G.I. Jobs and Military Spouse magazines). Last year, 13 percent of new hires were veterans. The company is actively hiring truck drivers, truck maintenance and logistics operations personnel. We are a leading global transportation services provider, offering full-service truck leasing, contract maintenance, commercial and consumer truck rentals, used truck sales, transportation and warehousing management and supply chain management solutions.