More information about this job:OVERVIEW:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for working with leadership to successfully execute local, regional, and corporate human resources programs/initiatives within the OpCo. Sysco San Francisco is located at 5900 Stewart Ave - Fremont, CA 94538
- Formulate and recommend program goals and objectives in all areas of employee relations. Develop, implement, and administer (through a variety of techniques) the management-labor relations area of the Human Resources program in an effort to improve labor relations.
- Ensure that the company is in compliance with all State and Federal regulatory agencies and employment laws.
- Develop and/or oversee compensation policies, procedures, and programs. Provide guidance on compensation strategy planning and administration. Communicate compensation policies, procedures, and programs to associates.
- Communicate all benefit programs to associates and complete associated processes in a timely and correct manner.
- Develop and establish associate training and educational programs in an effort to upgrade managerial, technical, and support level productivity.
- Assist with facilitating the Sysco Speaks Associate Survey efforts in the OpCo.
- Monitor workers' compensation claims and coordinate work between associates and insurance carrier. Assist Safety personnel in prevention programs, training and education.
- Investigate problems, such as working conditions, disciplinary actions, and associate and applicant appeals and grievances. According to circumstances, provide guidance and recommendations for problem resolution to department officials and individuals.
- Monitor unemployment claims and assist departments with appeals.
- Oversee the performance management process, working with OpCo leaders on their associate reviews and evaluations, providing training and consultation as necessary.
- Develop and maintain the company's Affirmative Action Program (where applicable).
- Work with OpCo leaders to create and maintain workforce staffing plans. Coordinate recruiting efforts with Sysco Business Services (where applicable) to ensure that competent, diverse, and skilled associates are hired and workload levels are appropriate and maintained, and work to minimize turnover.
- Coordinate orientation process for new Opco associates.
- 5 years of experience in Human Resources management, three years of which have been in a supervisory position or an equivalent combination of related training and experience
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree with major or emphasis in Human Resources, Business Administration or a closely related field
Active Listening: Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
Management of Personnel Resources: Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work, identifying the best people for the job.
Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Speaking & Speech Clarity: Talking to others to convey information effectively and the ability to speak clearly so others can understand you.
Coordination: Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions
Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
Reading Comprehension: Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
Oral Comprehension: Listening to and understanding information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
Written Comprehension: Reading and understanding information and ideas presented in writing.
Oral Expression: Communicating information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
Written Expression: Communicating information and ideas in writing so others will understand
Judgment and Decision Making: Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Negotiation: Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
Complex Problem Solving: Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Deductive Reasoning: Applying general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
Problem Sensitivity: Perceiving when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
Fluency of Ideas: Coming up with a number of ideas about a topic (the number of ideas is important, not their quality, correctness, or creativity).
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Valid driver's license and driving record meeting Sysco standards
- Human Resource Certification Institute (HRCI) Professional Human Resources (PHR) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) certification preferred
- Systems Applications and Products (SAP) experience preferred
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The ability to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear.
- The ability to frequently sit and reach with hands and arms.
- The ability to occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to do limited travel to Sysco facilities or operating companies.
- Must be able to utilize office equipment such as desktop/notebook computers, copiers, printers, scanners, telephones, and calculators.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Must be able to work in various indoor and outdoor climates and driving conditions.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that the duties and responsibilities listed are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. The employee will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions. When duties and responsibilities change and develop the job description will be reviewed and subject to changes of business necessity.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunityis available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.