Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) is seeking an experienced HR Manager to manage the plant's HR function and serve as a key member of the plant leadership team. The HR Manager will work closely with location leadership to accomplish the strategic outcome of optimizing workplace performance in support of business goals. This role will also work closely with the Business Unit's HR team, building employee engagement by driving the development and attainment of business strategies and plans through strategic HR planning, change management, organizational design and talent management. The HR Manager is responsible for all aspects of the plant's human resource functions including; recruiting, employee relations, wage and salary administration, employee programs, benefit administration, regulatory compliance, and training. This position is located at the AFSR aerospace fastener manufacturing plant in Sylmar, California.
Arconic Fastening Systems and Rings (AFSR) serves the global aerospace, automotive, and commercial transportation markets with the most specialized engineering, highest quality, and the greatest breadth and depth of fastening system solutions and seamless rolled rings in our industry. Headquartered in Torrance, CA; AFSR employs 7,900 people in 13 countries at 38 locations. AFSR is a business unit of Arconic (NYSE:ARNC).
Join Arconic and join a network of people who are passionate about industry-changing technology that advances the world. You'll have the opportunity to work with leading global companies that operate in world-changing industries-such as aerospace, automotive, building and construction, defense and commercial transportation. It's not just a job. It's a career and a path to the future. You'll be part of a diverse culture of learning, teaching and mentorship. Arconic is fully committed to developing people: providing employees with the resources, and learning and development opportunities they need to excel and build a career. Key Responsibilities:
- Translates business strategy into HR strategy. Develop HR strategy for location in line with Business Unit HR strategy.
- Partners with location leadership on workforce planning for Sylmar location.
- Participate in union negotiations to develop a contract for the represented employees in Sylmar.
- Directs all aspects of recruitment and retention activities. Ensures all activities are in compliance with our equal employment policies and practices.
- Drives organizational initiatives such as talent development, employee engagement and learning and development.
- Performance Management - drive performance management initiatives and ensure appropriate conversations are taking place with all leaders and employees.
- Compensation - lead PBI and calibration process across site.
- Implements Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action strategies and programs in all aspects of the staffing and career planning functions.
- Consults with other managers on training and development issues. Recommends training and development strategies for broad and individualized needs. Implements training programs for specialized issues, e.g. - skill enhancement, ethics and compliance, and sexual harassment.
- Coaches leadership on performance management and participates in counseling and/or termination proceedings.
- Leads Global Voices survey deployment and action planning within the site to improve on appropriate metrics.
- Works with location leader with regard to Arconic Foundation grant making and community development needs. Maintains good public relations status with the various civic and welfare organizations, local plants, all forms of local media, state and local government representatives, and business people in the community regarding human resources functions.
- Drive employee activities committee in conjunction with team. Promote activities throughout the site to increase participation.
- Conducts research into human resources programs and activities, and recommends changes or innovations when desirable.
- Ensures HR keeps employees informed of all changes in human resources policies. Assists in the solutions and appropriate adjustments to complaints received from management and employees.
- Assures that company policies and practices comply with the applicable provisions of federal and state labor laws, including the maintenance of necessary files, etc.
- Sets up and maintains general control methods, records, and files as required for effective human resources functions.
- Maintains all Sarbanes Oxley compliance responsibilities/assignments.
- Responsibilities to Business Unit HR leadership. Specific mandates may include training, compensation, employee relations, communications, regulatory compliance, or talent management.
- Work in a safe manner that promotes the health and well-being of the individual and the environment.
- Manages annual benefits enrollment process for location.
- Other tasks as assigned
Basic QualificationsBasic Qualifications:
- Proven ability to interact positively and effectively with individuals from all levels and functions within the company and with a variety of individuals and organizations external to the company.
- Strong organizational skills to handle high volumes of work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment while maintaining excellent delivery and quality performance.
- Proven oral and written communications skills to convey information clearly and effectively. Solid listening skills to gather information for understanding.
- A solid knowledge of mainframe human resource information systems and personal computers, including word-processing, spreadsheet, and database software.
- A knowledge of process improvement techniques and demonstrated ability to increase value to customers through elimination of non-value added work.
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources, determine issues and objectives, and develop strategies to address needs
Preferred QualificationsPreferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited Institution
- Minimum 5 years of Human Resources work experience
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Prefer the Bachelor's Degree is in Human Resource Management, Business Administration, Psychology, or a related field required.
- Master's Degree
- 5 years of HR experience and proven progression of increase in responsibilities
- HR experience in a manufacturing environment
- HR experience in a union environment
- PHR or SPHR certification is a plus
- Working knowledge of California state and federal wage and hour laws
- Familiarity with human resources information systems and applications, and demonstrated proficiency in computer software programs.
- Working knowledge of all human resource functional areas including legal, employee relations, recruiting, EEO/AA, compensation and benefit administration, training and development, and benefits administration.
A little about us:
Arconic Inc. (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensures customer success and shareholder value.