What you will do
The Manager, Human Resources will oversee the human resources function within the plant environment to include: employee/labor relations, payroll, and training/coaching/counseling of hourly and salaried employees personally or through subordinate supervisors. How you will do it
What we look for
- Administer labor contract consistently throughout the plant and workforce providing guidance and directives, advising department managers of plant disciplinary rules, company policies and procedures.
- Manage the grievance procedures and consult with the Director of Human Resources & HSE for guidance and approval on all discipline being administered.
- Oversee plant trending reports, turnover, FMLA, worker's compensation and other statistical reports used to manage the operational function within the plant environment.
- Train supervisors and managers on various company initiatives to include discipline, performance appraisals, etc.
- Administer benefits programs, including open enrollment, for all employees.
- Recruit, interview, and hire hourly employees and some salaried employees. Conduct orientation for all new employees.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state law.
- Administer all policies and procedures for all employees.
- Oversee attendance control program and ensure proper documentation and disciplinary actions are given.
- Assist HSE manager to develop, train, and administer all safety programs.
- Manage plant safety, discipline and applicable labor contracts consistently throughout the plant facility.
- Maintain plant payroll for hourly employees and enter data into a human resources system.
- Conduct investigations with front-line supervisors and managers to determine disciplinary action.
- Monitor all work place injuries and worker's compensation claims and reporting. Communicate with occupational clinic on treatment of injured employees.
- Maintain and administer the Service Award Program for hourly employees.
- Responsible for all employee relations, communications, and company activities.
- Manage all unemployment claims for the plant.
- Prepare various weekly and monthly reporting for the corporate office including, but not limited to, monthly headcount and labor rate.
- Study legislation, arbitration decisions, and collective bargaining contracts to assess industry trends.
- Represent management in negotiating collective bargaining agreements.
- Administer special projects as needed.
- Support and Participate in JCMS activities, and manage and implement Empowered People.
Who we are
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or Human Resources from an accredited four-year College or University; Master's Degree preferred. For exceptional candidates, a combination of relevant HR Generalist work experience and post high school education may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- At least seven years of related experience and/or training required.
- Experience working in a unionized environment/labor relations is required
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Payroll & HRIS system experience preferred.
- Previous work experience as a supervisor/manager is required.
- Experience in developing, training, and administering policies and procedures including safety programs required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint software, HRIS systems and various payroll systems (ADP, Taleo, Oracle, etc.)
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.