Supervises the daily activities of an administrative, operations, or technical support team conducting highly structured and predictable work (jobs typically fall on the O or C, T band). Develops work schedules, sets daily priorities and assigns tasks to team and ensures tactical execution of all tasks. Makes decisions related to daily activities and is guided by practice, precedent and production requirements; receives direction from manager. Key Responsibilities
- Supervises employees involved in a variety of production and/or operation functions such as assembly, inspection, test, and/or final test which is related to the manufacturing of the company's capital equipment and systems (electronic, mechanical, electro-mechanical, and/or components, subassemblies and subsystems).
- Sets up daily team priorities, develops work schedules and assigns tasks. Responsible for developing and executing action plans and utilizing Shift Handoffs and designated operations reviews.
- Organize and facilitate work team meetings (examples: pre-shift, safety, etc.). Participates in development and tracking of organization performance metrics. Responsible for meeting or improving cycle time performance and other metrics.
- Coordinates efforts of service and/or customer groups to solicit resources tools, supplies, materials or services to meet production schedules.
- Responsible for eliminating safety incidents, improving equipment efficiency, and developing leadership capability and morale on a production line.
- Assists in training and career development; manages the performance management process. Manages the employee selection, hiring, reward and discipline processes.
- May participate in the development of the budget to include forecasting manpower requirements and overhead expenditures.
- Identifies process and quality changes designed to improve manufacturing or department capabilities. Drives Lean, Safety and Quality. Takes corrective action.
- Demonstrates understanding and application of guidelines, procedures and processes in own job family
- Applies understanding of how own team is impacted by upstream work of other teams
- Supervises day-to-day work and participates in the coaching and development of employees
- Uses judgment based on practice and precedent to resolve issues related to production schedules and daily priorities
- Impacts the quality and timeliness of team's results and its contribution to team or department goals
- Uses tact and diplomacy to exchange information and handle sensitive issues
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 1 - 2 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.