/Your Talent. Our Vision./AtBlue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies, it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we willdrive the future of health care.This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Manager I Sales
Work location: Atlanta, GA
Responsible for planning, managing and controlling the resources and efforts of the Small Group Account Management team to accomplish the renewal and upselling objectives of the company.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Manages resources (people, material, and support) effectively and efficiently to support strategic sales and retention goals for Medical and Specialty lines of business.
- Develops and maintains business relationships with agencies, brokers and consulting firms to generate strong relationships and increased market penetration.
- Reports retention status and progress to senior management.
- Ensures achievement of retention and upselling goals and deliverables for assigned market areas.
- Implements the policies, practices, and procedures of the company and its organizations.
- Establishes relationships with functional areas within the company, including Underwriting, Sales Support and Enrollment & Billing.
- Assists in establishing renewal and upselling targets for the office and develops an effective goal setting process.
- Monitors the market performance of products and assesses competitors' activities within the state of Georgia.
- Develops recommendations to Sales Management on the marketplace dynamics, including competitors.
- Participates in various training programs offered by the company and/or outside organizations.
- Hires, trains, coaches, counsels, and evaluates performance of direct reports.
Requires a BA/BS; 5-7 years of sales and account management experience in health care; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
Knowledge of health plan and specialty products, proficiency on funding mechanisms and proven leadership and negotiation skills, required.
Sales license required by day one of employment.
/Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2017 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran./
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Anthem, Inc. will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law. In addition, all personnel actions such as compensation, promotion, demotion, benefits, transfers, staff reductions, terminations, reinstatement and rehire, company-sponsored training, education and tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs will be administered in accordance with the principles of equal employment opportunity.
Title: Manager I Sales - Atlanta, GA - 136818
Requisition ID: 136818
A little about us:
We have shared values and a similar mission.