Supervises the daily activities of administrative, technical or operations support teams (jobs that typically fall on the C, O or T band). Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance and oversight from manager. Generally does not perform the work supervised. Key Responsibilities
- Directs the activities of buyers and expediters to accomplish company objectives.
- Responsible for the evaluation of vendor reliability; oversees the surveying of vendors to maintain adequate working relationship.
- Reviews and approves purchases up to a specified dollar amount.
- Develops policies and procedures for the operation of procurement activities.
- Coordinates purchasing activities with engineering and manufacturing departments to maintain inventories at planned levels.
- Monitors the cost, schedule and performance aspects of major subcontracts.
- Provide couching and mentoring to employees at all level
- Demonstrates understanding and application of procedures and concepts within own job family and basic knowledge of other related job families.
- Applies understanding of how the team relates to other closely related areas to improve efficiency of own team
- Has formal supervisory responsibilities; sets priorities for and coaches employees to meet daily deadlines
- Uses judgment to identify and resolve day-to-day technical and operational problems
- Impacts the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team and its contribution to the business unit, department or sub-function
- Uses tact and diplomacy to exchange information and handle sensitive issues
- May be required to interact with outside customers, vendors or suppliers
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2 - 4 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.