Supervises the daily activities of administrative, technical or operations support teams. Sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities with other supervisors. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business plan; receives guidance and oversight from manager. Generally does not perform the work supervised.
• Manage and develop up to 8 NPI buyers in the OEM/assemblies commodities to continuously improve performance and meet or beat expectations.
• Purchasing Metrics & Supplier performance management: OTD, cancellations, past dues, predictability, MCOS savings, Lead Time, quoting cycle time
• Identify key issues and opportunities for improvement, and create CIP projects. Lead cross functional teams from idea creation to implementation
• Attend daily production meetings and be prepared with progressive updates
• Manage escalations and work directly with suppliers to improve commitments.
• Participate in cross functional teams that include supply chain, volume production, Spares, expense purchasing, planning, master scheduling, Manufacturing, NPME, MPM, logistics, inventory, finance, change control and GIS to address process improvements.
• Develop training procedures and release to corporate repository
• Visit suppliers to address NPI performance issues and track performance to ensure progression
• Create root cause and corrective action analysis. Track and ensure corrective action is in place. Functional Knowledge
- Demonstrates understanding and application of procedures and concepts within own job family and basic knowledge of other related job families.
- Applies understanding of how the team relates to other closely related areas to improve efficiency of own team
- Has formal supervisory responsibilities; sets priorities for and coaches employees to meet daily deadlines
- Uses judgment to identify and resolve day-to-day technical and operational problems
- Impacts the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team and its contribution to the business unit, department or sub-function
- Uses tact and diplomacy to exchange information and handle sensitive issuesMay be required to interact with outside customers, vendors or suppliers
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 8 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.