Provides direct supervision to professional individual contributors and/or skilled, support individual contributors (jobs that could be on the C, O, T or B/E band). Acts as advisor to unit or sub-units and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems. Key Responsibilities
- Supervise, Lead, motivate, direct, develop and train a team of production employees. Assigns work and sets priorities for employees. Provides technical expertise and managerial leadership. Effectively communicates daily crossovers and build/test issues across all levels of Manufacturing.
- Prioritizes production schedules based on available manpower, equipment efficiency, capacity and materials requirements.
- Leads operational meetings; establish consistency in processes, and ensure alignment of tactical and/or strategic plans. Develops and tracks key organization performance metrics to meet or improve cycle time performance. Schedules and conducts milestone meetings.
- Ensures timely response to operations issues impacting customer satisfaction; acts as an interface in the establishment of and ensuring conformance to customer/vendor requirements; prepares detailed analysis of cost of quality opportunity and initiates corrective action.
- Actively strives to prevent employee accidents and injuries. Responsible for ensuring and documenting that all department employees (including temporaries) receive and follow appropriate department training including Environmental, Health and Safety training. Implements, emphasizes importance of, and monitors compliance to appropriate safety policies and procedures.
- Develops personnel to include training and career development; manages the performance management process to include the development of team and individual goals, implementing employee development plans, and coaching. Manages the employee selection, hiring, reward and discipline processes.
- Analyzes and plans for maximum production capacity optimization; implements and monitors manufacturing or dept. processes that collect, analyze and report key measurement data and real time status.
- Identifies process and quality changes designed to improve manufacturing or department capabilities. Drives Lean, Safety and Quality. Takes corrective action.
- Works on issues where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals. Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies. Management reviews work to measure meeting of objectives
- Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Administers company policies that directly affect subordinate employees
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will cause delays in schedules.
- Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules.
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 - 7 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.