Provides direct supervision to professional individual contributors and/or skilled, support individual contributors (jobs that could be on the C, O, T or B/E band). Acts as advisor to unit or sub-units and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems. Key Responsibilities
- Plans requirements for purchasing materials or services and ensures delivery of materials to production consistent with established schedules.
- Ensures optimum inventory levels; conducts physical inventories for verification of inventory levels.
- Implements and maintains physical distribution procedures, work authorizations, dispatching and expediting procedures, and floor scheduling/shop loading procedures.
- Directs the activities of planners and expediters to accomplish company objectives.
- Responsible for the evaluation of acceptable inventory levels; oversees maintaining adequate working relationship with purchasing, production and engineering.
- Reviews developing materials schedules and coordinating the efficient movement of materials with purchasing, production, and engineering.
- Monitors the plans, schedules and the movement of material through he production cycle.
- Works on issues where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals. Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies. Management reviews work to measure meeting of objectives
- Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Administers company policies that directly affect subordinate employees
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will cause delays in schedules.
- Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.