Sysco Associate Apply - Click Here
Company: Sysco Business Services
Zip Code: 77429
Minimum Level of Education: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 5
Position Type: Exempt
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
More information about this job:
At Sysco, we offer our associates the opportunity to grow personally and professionally, to contribute to the success of a dynamic organization, and to serve others in a manner that exceeds their expectations. We are looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join our team. Come grow with us and let us show you why good things really do come from Sysco.
- Works with the Director of Indirect Tax to manage a high volume of sales, use and excise tax audits with federal, state and local tax authorities for multiple legal entities. Leads all facets of the audit including planning, analysis, auditor relationships, negotiations and audit protests. Communicates audit processes and strategies to staff and manages compliance with tax laws.
- Manage the Indirect Tax audit function from planning to completion to ensure conformity with all laws and regulations. Includes determining audit processes/ documents/ accounts of relevancy, etc., and assembling and analyzing work papers, charts and other complicated tax documents.
- Present, explain, and verify audit findings as well as make recommendations to reduce tax liabilities and/ or increase tax refund possibilities.
- Negotiate audit settlements and prepare protests as necessary.
- Evaluate and advise on purchase and sales transaction taxes with a thorough understanding of tax laws and the business operations and provide training to internal and external stakeholders including operations, customers, vendors, internal audit and other departments and financial personnel.
- Perform reverse audits to identify and claim potential tax refunds and provide suggestions for improvement to the tax accrual/ payment process.
- Communicate with taxing jurisdictions, vendors, and other departments on their excise/ sales/ use tax questions and resolve potential liability issues.
- Work with the Director on tax decisions, determinations and positions based on an in-depth knowledge of the company, industry trends, tax research and changing laws to identify issues and value-add service opportunities.
- Develop systemic improvements to the Company’s exam processes that enhance efficiency and minimize expense.
- Understand product taxability, tax resale/ exemption certificate and license rules by jurisdiction and provide tax advice and guidance.
- Lead, develop and support Indirect Tax audit staff
- Support recruiting, staffing, and onboarding processes
- Oversee performance management processes (e.g., goal setting, performance evaluation, etc.); completes performance evaluations for direct reports
- Oversee time management processes (e.g., time approval, scheduling, etc.)
- Perform other management responsibilities as appropriate
- Assist with the preparation of departmental budget.
- Model and champions Company’s values and competencies.
- 5+ years progressive, related indirect tax experience with at least 2-3 years in an indirect tax leadership role.
- Directly related managerial experience.
- Foodservice or foodservice distribution industry experience.
- Experience developing and implementing processes, procedures, systems and or standards.
- Experience with $10+billion in sales.
- Excels with the use of personal computer database and spreadsheet applications
- IPT CMI (Institute for Professionals in Taxation) or CPA preferred
- Experience with SAP preferred
- Experience or proficiency with Sabrix or other transaction tax calculation systems preferred
- Demonstrated ability to perform in-depth analysis in order to provide tax benefits through transaction planning.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral, written and listening), analytical and research skills.
- Ability to prepare reports and present ideas clearly and concisely to auditors and all levels of the organization both orally and written.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to plan and carry out assigned projects, resolve most of the conflicts, coordinate work with others and interpret policies on own initiative.
- Ability to create and troubleshoot rules within transaction tax calculation systems.
- Ability to independently and proactively resolve problems within established parameters.
- Ability to exercise considerable judgment and discretion in establishing and maintaining good working relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Ability to champion and model organizatoinal values and compentencies.
- Tax Director
- Finance and IT
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk and use hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and telephone to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NOTICE: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the environment and level of work being performed by this job. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only tasks to be performed by the employee in this job. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by his or her supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description supersedes prior job descriptions.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
Employment Type: Full Time