Under general direction of the VP is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the sales teams, guiding day-to-day operations within the designated specialty. Responsible for ensuring the development, maintenance, and implementation of long-term business partnerships with customers is established. Generally has responsibility for monthly revenues greater than $4 million . PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Act as a liaison between field sales, Sales Ops, and Operations.
- Works with staff to set and manage team and individual goals and ensure SOP's are correct and followed.
- Assist with recruiting and interviewing potential account representatives as well as hiring and sales training.
- Assist in developing sales incentive programs and actively identify improvement opportunities.
- Create a work environment where everyone is respected for their contribution.
- Coach, counsel, and develop sales team through key performance measures (sales revenue, active accounts, gross profit, etc.) and in- process measures (completed calls, total effort, average talk time, total talk time, hours logged, call monitors, etc.)
- Conduct performance appraisals for all direct reports.
- Develop a succession plan to ensure growth of team members.
- Manage labor hours and vacation, sick, and personal time off to ensure schedule provides optimum sales coverage.
- Maintain focus on highly competitive, products and service offerings by competitors, anticipate market trends and shifts, and use analytics to gather intel on new or missed opportunities..
- Participate in sales meetings focused on improving sales revenue and gross profit and comparing YTD to budget. Provide management with competitor's strengths, weaknesses, movement and overall market knowledge.
- Participate in and establish topics for weekly sales team and customer meetings.
- Build positive relationships with customers through learned sales skills and techniques. Communicate on process issues and report problems to sales director upon discovery (proactive).
- Maintain competitor pricing, products register and price matching.
- Promote and utilize all avenues of customer service functions to include web access.
- Oversee completion of customer maintenance requests such as address changes, additional ship-to locations, web set-ups, and quality assurance forms.
- Analyze sales data and suggest gaps in service and product usage.
- Assist with the introduction of new products into assigned markets.
- Audit and analyze call volumes, and monthly sales numbers to ensure team is performing efficiently and meeting obligations
- Monitor calls to ensure quality customer service and sales techniques.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Work closely with Sales Ops, Managed Care, and Operations teams to provide alignment and focus on continuous improvement.
- Occasional travel required to attend industry trade shows and visit customer locations for onsite visits.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a two year associate's degree program, technical vocational training, or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of Three (3)) years directly related and progressively responsible experience, including at least two (2) years at a supervisory level. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent interpersonal skills and relationship building skills to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with both customers and other ABSG associates
- Excellent oral communication skills to present information and solutions in a professional manner
- Good analytical skills sufficient to prepare quotes and to identify and resolve customer problems
- Good mathematical skills
- Good organizational skills
- Basic to intermediate computer skills to proficiently use a windows based system and to accurately input data