Your primary responsibilities include actively driving and handling the inside sales lifecycle from technology evaluation stage of the sales process. You will also work in conjunction with the Sales Engineering and Outside Sales teams as the key sales leader and advocate for our products and services.
Are you an exceptional and thoughtful sales leader? Are you adaptable and collaborative? Come and join our Federal Inside Sales team as a Sales Manager.
You will report to the Director of Public Sector Inside Sales.
You will also have a proven ability to build and lead a high performing sales team - and have fun doing so.
You will be a catalyst in driving a significant share of revenue for Splunk.
- You will directly lead a fast-growing team as well as work closely with outside sales management and account managers
- Consistently deliver on our daring license revenue targets - commitment to the number and to deadlines
- Player coach: Hands on leader with the team; very invested with sales calls, territory opportunity management, and strategy
- Responsible for accurately forecasting on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis. This will require, but not be limited to holding weekly forecast reviews and deal strategy sessions
- Successfully implement strategic initiatives and promoting a high energy, high activity environment - inspires change
- Collaborate with partners for maximum effectiveness and territory expansion in an effort to create something better
- Use sales engineering in house as well as partner services resources
- Attract talent, train, and retain the right team to match our growth
- Good corporate citizen - dynamic flow of relevant and timely information; work as a team for the most efficient use and deployment of resources
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing
- Write performance reviews for direct reports and present to the ISR's
- You have 5+ years' experience building and running inside sales teams; ability to grow and scale upward with the company; second line management experience a plus
- You have 8+ years direct and channel selling experience to public sector
- You have a consistent track record with forecasting commitments and forecasting accuracy
- Collaborative management, interpersonal, written and presentation skills
- You a dynamic, fast-growing, rapidly changing environment
- Attention to detail and a passion for improvement
- Relevant software industry experience in IT systems, enterprise or infrastructure management
- We use CRM systems (Sales Force) extensively
Minimum of a Bachelor's degree
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.