Manager - Installation and Service What you will do
Johnson Controls is seeking an experienced Manager of Installation and Service who is a self-motivated and driven individual with superior relationship building skills. This person will be responsible for planning, implementing and managing the activities of the Commercial installation & Service work force for a designated district. How you will do it
What we look for
- Plans, implements and manages the activities of the installation and service work force and ensures familiarity and training of product installation and service skills.
- Formulates a sound business plan to provide cost efficient accordance with established plan share targets. Works with Area General Manager to meet profitability goals.
- Conducts meetings on a monthly/quarterly basis. Communicates current installation and service policies and procedures, techniques.
- Assists sales force by developing low installation costs and suggesting proper and varied applications of systems.
- Ensures consistency of field installation and service activities.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of quality and timely installation/service to customers for maximum retention.
- Develops and maintains an effective installation/service work force through recruiting, hiring, training, motivating and coaching techniques.
- Tracks and records daily/monthly/quarterly installation/service activity to include individual installers' efforts and results.
- Acts as the champion for all environmental health and safety activities for the Service/Install work group.
Who we are
- Minimum of 3 plus years' experience conducting repairs, inspections of security systems in the security, fire and safety or construction industry.
- 1 to 3 years progressive management experience with a high volume, high impact operation.
- Background should include the ability to successfully handle multiple challenges, prioritize responsibilities, and effectively lead a large staff.
- Solid business skills.
- Must be conceptually oriented with the ability to think and act strategically.
- Proven management skills with the ability to train, develop, and motivate.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills in a Microsoft Office environment.
- Customer centric.
- Developing Direct Reports & Others.
- Valid driver's license with clean driving record.
- Ability to work a full time schedule.
- Available for local/regional travel, which may include nights and weekends to accommodate customer's schedule.
At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. Being a part of a global company like Johnson Controls affords you exposure to global career pathing opportunities.
JCI is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.