Manager, Instructional Designer
The best leaders don't just motivate, they inspire. That’s how we reach our goals and why we reward extraordinary results. Sound like you? Then consider Capital One, a financial services leader and FORTUNE 200 company, where you'll find an environment that values your abilities and rewards results that drive business success.
If you have a passion for helping others learn and build next-generation skills by creating amazing learning experiences, you may be a fit for our team. We are looking for an Instructional Designer responsible for analyzing, designing, and developing highly engaging learning solutions that will fuel our growth as a Tech company and help our associates develop cutting-edge Tech skills. As a member of this team, you will work in a rapid and agile environment, and have the opportunity to build technical training curricula from the ground-up. Responsibilities of the instructional designer will include:
- Consult with technical advisors, business partners and subject matter experts (SMEs) to design and deliver new technical training solutions to include, online, virtual, and in-person learning experiences that are part of our brand new Tech College
look across disciplines, assess design/development priorities, and make recommendations on staffing to meet goals makes a ton of sense
- Apply knowledge of adult learning theory to create engaging, relevant learning experiences and that include on-the-job application, relevant, project-based learning activities, and comprehensive practitioner learning paths that lead to certifications, badges, and other forms of learning credit
- Identify learning trends and performance gaps across the organization to inform curriculum priorities, as well as define target learner personas, and design effective training solutions
- Analyze and select appropriate instructional strategies, delivery methods and modalities in order to achieve desired learning outcomes and close knowledge/ performance gaps
- Design custom learning solutions using a variety of delivery techniques and software, including video, animation, virtual instructor-led training, simulations, hands-on labs, social learning communities, and other appropriate learning solutions
- Manage workload of multiple projects and meet deadlines with minimal direction and supervision
- Use judgment to make decisions by identifying issues, diagnosing problems, generating alternative solutions, and analyzing opportunities and risks
- Strong professional impact and presence, including the ability to positively influence others
- Strong verbal/written communication skills including ability to adjust style and message based on audience
- Travel as needed (up to 10% at times) to other company locations for training purposes
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.