Manager Integration Architecture (Job Number: 020024)
WHS Corporate Office - 1419 Lake Cook Rd
1419 Lake Cook Rd
This is a very exciting time at Walgreens. We're taking our products and services to the four corners of the world as part of the Retail USA division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. Walgreens Boots Alliance was formed through the combination of Walgreens and Europe's Alliance Boots in December 2014, bringing together two leading companies with iconic brands, complementary geographic footprints, shared values and a heritage of trusted health care services dating back more than 100 years each.
Today, Walgreens is the neighborhood drugstore and retailer that makes health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And, we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Join us at Walgreens and find yourself at a place where innovation thrives and incredible career and growth opportunities await. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment and be part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, employees, and the communities we all call home. Job Summary
Manages the demand intake from different lines of business to Integrated Systems, Which includes both IBM and ESB and Software AG ESB and appropriately diverts following through established architecture decision process. Establishes standards and guidelines for Integration COE collaborating with Global teams and continuously engages with project life cycle to ensure the solution delivery adheres to the standards laid out. Effectively collaborates with other members of the team, customers and/or stakeholders to align work efforts, develop/execute tactical plans that enable successful business operations. Actively collaborates across IT and business areas within area of specified responsibility to ensure successful results of designated initiatives are achieved. Ensures accurate accounting of and appropriate deployment of resources. Job Responsibilities
- Manages the daily operational activities that develop and implement tactical plans for multiple components/processes for a specified area within IT. Develops protocols to support established standards. Oversees team(s) assigned to projects and may manage implementations. Ensures resources are accurately allocated in line with tactical plans and appropriately accounted for at all times.
- Performs as subject matter advisor and may serve as point of escalation and become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature. Manages issues proactively, including timely resolution and the identification of remediation opportunities. Identifies and resolves systemic issues to prevent them from repeating.
- Ensures delivery against agreed upon SLAs and overall service delivery of operational activities. Understands short and long-term goals and objectives and recommend technical solutions and services. Maintains organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies.
- Develops and proposes options with pros/cons and risk, and works with stakeholders to finalize the best solution that meets business needs.
- Establishes credibility with partners while managing expectations. Ensures frequent, continuous and effective communications with team members, within IT, and with stakeholders to set expectations and negotiate priorities appropriately, via both formal and informal channels / mechanisms.
- May develop budget for functional area. Manages budget to plan. May be accountable for area budget and delivering against business goals/objectives.
- Participates in and contributes to the development of technical/business approaches and/or the recommendation of current system enhancements.
- Understand the underlying technologies and applications utilized within specified area of responsibility to direct how to design, develop, test, and implement priority technology requirements.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to share information and improve cross-departmental processes.
- Stays abreast of industry leading best practices and brings them to the attention of the leadership team for innovative application. May develop partnerships (and relationships) with internal and external stakeholders to meet business needs.
- Allocates available resources to meet operating objectives. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Qualifications Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 8 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- At least 2 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, IS, Mathematics
- Master's Degree OR MBASoftware AG WebMethods Integration certifications in Architecture
- Project / Program Management certifications
- Experience establishing and delivering SOA in a large scale enterprise from ground up
- Experience leading technical experts/architects towards setting the Enterprise Vision in establishing and maturing Integration Center of Expertise
- Knowledge of Software AG middleware suite
- At least 1 year of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 1 year of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.