At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Oversee leadership engagement and culture communications strategy for Pepco Holdings. Develop and implement a holistic leadership and internal communications strategy, advise and counsel senior executives with a focus on culture, change management and employee engagement. Innovate internal communication programs and efforts to adapt channels for a remotely dispersed and diverse workforce. Responsible for developing internal communications plans and strategies as they apply on a corporate, HR and BSC-wide level. Supports corporate, executive and BSC communications, and overall internal communication as it applies to external audiences. Supports and reinforces Exelon’s human resources corporate communications messages and provides communications guidance and support to corporate HR. Performs other duties as assigned by the VP, Corporate Communications, in support of other integrated communications activities. This position reports to the VP PHI Communications and leads a small team of internal communication employees.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Develop and execute leadership and employee engagement strategy that effectively connects and informs PHI employees.
2. Manage small team of internal communication specialists and contractors.
3. Advise and counsel senior executives, coordinating communication and engagement plans and strategies in close partnership with Human Resources to support business plans and objectives, as well as Exelon corporate objectives. 4. Produce accurate, compelling, and editorially proficient written communications.
5. Manage a variety of communication tasks to support leadership, including talking points, short presentations, and online messages.
6. Consult and advise HR lead and staff on strategies for communicating HR policies, programs, and benefits.
7. Manage vendor/agency relationships in the development of collateral, and the execution of projects.
• Proven, excellent communications skills – both written and interpersonal.
• Demonstrated strategic thinking and project management skills.
• Experience leading and managing others.
• Familiarity with social media, and new digital channels to engage employees and stakeholers
• Masters degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Advertising, or related field; 5-7 years’ experience in internal communications and publications.
• Energy business/industry knowledge.
DISCLAIMER The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.