The Hartford's Claims IT organization is seeking a Manager of IT Business Analysis to manage, supervise and provide guidance to a team of BA's focused on Claims Maintenance projects. Our ideal candidate:
- Has leadership responsibility of instructing, assigning, directing and checking the work of the other Business Analysts. Evaluate the work of the staff and prepares periodic performance reports. Prepares activity and progress reports of assigned projects. Provides feedback as requested.
- Acts as liaison between the business and IT.
- Assists in planning, organizing and controlling the complex activities surrounding an invest or maintenance effort.
- Works with client management to identify and specify complex business requirements, needs and processes. Coordinates the activities with other BA and IT units.
- Identifies gaps that prevent the organization from achieving desired outcome(s).
- Responsible for Requirements management, change management and Change control requests.
- Drives requirements prioritization sessions.
- Provides comprehensive consultation to business unit and IT Management and staff on all phases of the SDLC.
- Analyzes business requirements to address complex business needs.
- Prepares written reports of findings, research and recommendations. Prepares documentation (input and/or assistance) to support feasibility studies, cost justifications, business case development, project charter, project schedule and estimation of tasks, CBA�s and milestones
What criteria do we use to Assess, Hire, Develop & Reward our workforce?
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, with an advanced degree preferred, and at least five, typically seven years of solid, diverse work experience in IT, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Requires an extensive knowledge of the business areas functions and knowledge of system and technology alternatives, excellent communication skills, analytical ability, strong judgment and management skills, and the ability to work effectively with client and IT management and staff.
- Expert facilitator
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Fluent with vendor management?
• Data Analysis-
Input, understand, analyze and act on data
• Business Owner Mindset-
Operate with keen business knowledge,
expense, risk & controls driven mindset
Influence through a consultative approach
• Customer Driven-
Focus on "Harvest" - (our enterprise continuous
improvement effort), innovative problem solving, and efficient local
decision making for continuous improvement
• Growth & Development-
Maximize development of self and others What Else Can You Tell Me?
The Hartford is committed to the education and growth of our Information Technology Professionals. A number of IT Certifications are available to enhance your career and growth potential. IT Professionals at The Hartford may qualify for a stipend up to $1000 per year for additional certifications Behaviors at the Hartford
• Deliver Outcomes - Demonstrate a bias for speed and execution that serves our shareholders and customers.
• Operate as a Team Player - Work together to drive solutions for the good of The Hartford.
• Build Strong Partnerships - Demonstrate integrity and build trust with others.
• Strive for Excellence - Motivate yourself and others to achieve high standards and continuously improve. PLEASE NOTE-STRONG CANDIDATE HAS BEEN IDENTIFIED FOR THIS POSITION
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
** NO AGENCIES PLEASE **
A little about us:
HIRING VETERANS IS A PRIORITY FOR THE HARTFORD