Johnson & Johnson is currently recruiting for a Sr. Manager, IT Enterprise Portfolio Management Office - Financial Management. The position will be based in New Brunswick, NJ.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies. Caring for the world, one person at a time has inspired and united the people of Johnson & Johnson for 125 years. We embrace research and science -- bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
With $70.1 billion in 2015 sales, Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices and diagnostics markets. The more than 265+ Johnson & Johnson operating companies employ approximately 126,500 people in 60 countries throughout the world.
Thriving on a diverse company culture, celebrating the uniqueness of our employees and committed to inclusion. Proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We are seeking a “Financial Management Capability Manager” who is a dynamic and an energetic individual with a strong business technology and financial management background to lead the design, implementation, and adoption of investment portfolio management capabilities for Financial Planning, Forecasting, and Project Cost Tracking and Reporting. This person will enable these capabilities as part of a larger effort to assist the EPMO Senior Director in establishing and institutionalizing the company's IT investment portfolio cycle to ensure that J&J's IT investments each year yields the desired business value and the realization of its core business strategies. The role is of strategic importance in driving a culture of transparency and accountability, as well as enabling information-based decision making in the management of IT investments.
This role will be responsible for establishing portfolio capabilities that will include the data requirements, process and roles, systems, and governance, as well as drive the adoption and uptake across the organization globally.
Establish capabilities for Financial Planning, Forecasting, and Project Cost Tracking and Reporting.
Blueprint and adopt capabilities to address:
- The processes that are leveraged to create and manage important business and financial data and which define the organizational behavior for bringing about financial transparency and good investment decision making
- The specific data elements of information that are created and managed to plan, forecast, and track our investments in our IT Portfolio
- The technology that is necessary to mechanize our capabilities in an optimal way so that results are consistent and of high quality
- The governance structure and business rules that enable financial transparency to the investment portfolio and data-driven decision making
- The behavior changes and adoption activities to uptake and realize the value of the capability
- Provide leadership and support of Financial Management capabilities across the enterprise so that our portfolios fully adopt and realize the benefits of new behaviors and practices
- Provide training and consulting to the IT portfolios across the enterprise. Utilize the online community to engage key stakeholders
- Ensure long-term capital and expense plans are maintained for the investment portfolio business plans across the enterprise and that a consistent system of record is fully utilized and visible to the appropriate stakeholders. Ensure cost constraints of the enterprise are considered in planning
- Partner with the GTS and AS organizations, the architecture community, and established governance councils to ensure that the Portfolio Optimization capability continues to evolve and connects with other related functions and processes across the IT enterprise
- Establish portfolio performance metrics and capabilities for IT cost and IT investment portfolio benchmarking to drive desired investment behaviors across the enterprise. Partner with the Global Technology Services and Finance to expand the Company’s use of benchmarking services (e.g., Apptio benchmarking and other sources like CEB and Gartner)
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Management or related field
- At least 10 years of professional experience, inclusive of at least 3 years of portfolio and/or business technology management experience required
- Must cost have financial experience with familiarity with budgetary planning and reporting
- Must have proven industry experience in investment portfolio management
- Must have proven leadership experience - Knowledge of approaches, tools, and techniques for gaining the cooperation and support of others
- Must have well-developed facilitation and presentation skills
- Must have strong relationship management skills to establish and build healthy working relations and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Must have extensive experience in planning: tactical and strategic--ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1 - 2 years) and strategic (3 - 5 years) planning in support of the EPMO
- Must be able to provide business/financial advice to executives, controllers and directors on business management related matters
- Experience in the information technology and/or financial services industries
- Knowledge of the Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare industries is preferred
- Should have proven technical experience in management accounting and related computer application systems
- Should have strong ability to Influence and the ability to impact decisions within and outside own organization
- Should have experience in managing in a matrix environment--Ability to build and use effective working relationships within own department and across line, functional and geographic reporting lines
- Should have well-developed decision making and critical thinking- Knowledge of tools and techniques for effective use of a broad range of factors, assumptions, frameworks and perspectives when solving problems
- Should have experience in risk management--knowledge of process, tools and techniques for assessing and controlling an organization's exposure (assets, liabilities, reputation, etc.)
- Should have IT Systems Management knowledge - knowledge of the asset and process management practices, requirements, and support services for the IT function
United States-New Jersey-New BrunswickOrganization
Johnson & Johnson (6067)Job Function