This IT Finance Manager position, under the general direction of the Director, IT Finance, will partner with IT leadership & their respective teams, overseeing the complete financial budget(s), forecasts, and financial performance for the area, and providing guidance to stakeholders in achieving their financial objectives. This position will provide the IT leadership team with transparency into financial results, identifying areas of financial risks & opportunities to make an impact on the overall IT financial results & objectives. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Shape and influence IT Senior Management's decision making process by managing the analysis and reporting around key business drivers.
- Oversee development, analysis of financial models, and submission of relevant business cases for technology related investments.
- Convert monthly and quarterly detailed financial data into understandable reporting summaries, analysis, insights, and actionable recommendations to be used by IT Senior Management.
- Manage the quarterly forecast process and annual budget plan process in a manner that drives and supports the strategic imperatives of the business, leveraging the documented forecast process and timelines.
- Assist in monthly close process to ensure proper financials are reported. Including, but not limited to accruals, reclassification entries, variance analysis & other required reporting.
- Participate in key business initiatives, prepare "what - if" scenarios on certain business risk factors, break-even analysis, perform benchmarking and other ad-hoc projects as necessary.
- Collaborate with IT organization on IT Total Cost of Ownership, financial metrics, and cost transparency initiatives.
- Analyze, recommend & implement process improvement opportunities that enhance the efficiency of the IT Finance processes while also increasing the informative value of the content provided to IT Senior Management.
- Responds to financial inquiries by gathering, analyzing, summarizing, and interpreting data for IT business leaders.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accounting, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program, preferably in Business, Finance, Economics, or Accounting, or Computer Science with additional concentration of study in Finance/Accounting; normally requires a minimum of ten (10) years related and progressively responsible experience in IT, accounting and/or finance. Relevant advanced degrees, such as an MBA coupled with a technical undergraduate degree is preferred. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Outstanding knowledge of IT products and services; knowledge of Technology Business Management practices is a plus
- Ability to deal with confrontational situations in a positive manner
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across the organization
- Strong leadership skills; ability to lead a team Strong interpersonal skills; ability to develop and maintain business relationships
- Outstanding problem solving skills and ability to apply the appropriate tools and level of analysis to specific situations
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, with the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices
- Strong computer skills in order to operate effectively with company systems and programs; knowledge of SAP & Hyperion platforms is a plus
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.