This IT will be responsible in aligning IT to global supply chain planning and transportation strategies. This role will support assembling, analyzing and representing business requirements for the Power Solutions division of Johnson Controls. The focus of this position will be on our Global Supply Chain and Transportation processes (e.g. Demand Planning and Supply Network Planning, Supply Network Collaboration, Sales Operations planning). This person will report to the IT Director of Global Supply Chain & Operations and will work closely with the Supply Chain business teams to understand current processes, develop innovative solutions, prioritize demands and guidance for key users.
1. Solution architect on SCM projects including implementations of Logility Demand and Supply Planning for our business.
2. Document the business case and functional requirements for new systems and procedures for the purpose of enhancing business processes, operations, and information process flow.
3. Provide guidance, review, and prioritize Remedy tickets (user trouble tickets) that are assigned to the support team.
4. Serve as a liaison between business and technology teams. Assist in preparing end-user documentation, user guides, and training materials.
5. Develop, standardize, and maintain new or improved processes based on findings and analysis. Communicate process changes, enhancements, and modifications - verbally or through written documentation - to management, peers, staff, and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood.
6. Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to systems developers and architects. Develop budgets and timeframes for process changes in order to support company objectives.
7. Review User Business requirements identifying gaps in all process work streams. Works with solution delivery teams to deliver automated process solutions that match the Business Requirements
8. Provide subject matter expertise on projects with regards to business processes. This expertise should be from a process perspective, and will cross multiple technologies and functions.
9. Assists in future roll outs of IT solutions globally.
• Bachelor degree from an accredited university
• Candidate must understand Supply Chain and Transportation related processes, SAP ECC knowledge is these areas is desired.
• Experience in Demand Planning and Supply Planning - Logility highly preferred
• Experience in working in a matrix-organization and managing persons in other regions.
• Exposure to at least 2 SLCs (System Life Cycles) delivering ERP Production Planning or Supply Chain solutions for new projects is desired.
• Total of 8 years of experience in the following areas:
o 3+ years technical experience in the Supply Chain, Manufacturing or Production Execution functional areas, preferably with a supply chain or manufacturing focus
o 3+ years of experience in a business facing role, ie. Sales, Supply Chain, Production, Distribution, Finance business analyst, etc.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including ability to work in collaborative team environments and establish and maintain on-going business relationships.
• Proven experience in negotiating difficult matters, influencing others to achieve results and facilitating facilitates cross functional project teams.
• Attracts, Develops and Engages Employees & Encourages Excellence
• Collaborates Across Boundaries & Impacts across Cultures
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.