Manages a team responsible for developing and implementing protocols that comply with established policies, procedures and standards of the specified area of IT. Effectively collaborates with other members of the team, customers and/or stakeholders to align work efforts, develop/execute tactical plans that enable successful business operations. Actively collaborates across IT and business areas within area of specified responsibility to ensure successful results of designated initiatives are achieved. Ensures accurate accounting of and appropriate deployment of resources.
Outcomes managed have an impact on the specified area of responsibility.
Accountable as the Finance & Accounting (F&A) architect leader to work on the SAP Retail Finance Transformation project acting as the principal SAP F&A architect. This individual must understand SAP Finance AR, GL & AP processes and have the wherefore all to interpret the Walgreens Finance processes and apply the correct Finance configuration, approach, etc. Furthermore, this key position must support the current Legacy (set to sunset) & Heritage (bolster to co-exist with SAP) systems. This person must have 10+ years of SAP FI-AP, AR & GL process & technology experience with at least one large scale SAP implementation under her/his belt. SAP Finance S/4 on Hana a major plus.
Currently, there are 100+ large scale IT F&A systems, key interfaces, databases etc. that will co-exist when S/4 Finance on Premise Edition 2.0 (SAP HANA) with SAP IS-Retail on ECC 6.08 goes live. This position will be accountable for supporting the IT F&A operations (month end close processing, business continuity etc.) related to break/fix, support the mergers & acquisitions, dis positioning 30+ legacy systems as part of Finance Transformation and 20+ as part of the Retail Transformation effort and working closely with the SAP IT F&A team in redirecting all Heritage interfaces to SAP. Require experience to work with multiple vendor partners to deliver large scale programs.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com and VisionDirect.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
#LI-MM2 Basic Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 5 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics OR a High School Diploma/GED and at least 8 years of experience in IT, Accounting, Finance, Consulting, Strategy and/or Analytics.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- At least 2 years of experience in indirect management of team members, including assisting in the development, training and assignment of work/projects to other team members.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor's Degree in IT, IS, Mathematics.
- Master's Degree OR MBA.
- At least 1 year of experience planning, developing, and managing departmental expense and capital budgets.
- At least 1 year of experience directly managing people, including hiring, developing, motivating, and directing people as they work.
A little about us:
The training you received, the discipline you embraced, and the responsibilities you held in the military will serve you well at Walgreens.