Manages professional employees (jobs that typically fall on the B/E band) and/or supervisors. Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own job family. Adapts business unit, department, site or sub-function plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business unit, department or sub-function plan; receives guidance from manager. Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers.Key Responsibilities
- Organizational Leadership
- Partners with stakeholders to balance cost & service (ROI)
- Networks bench practices and industry trends for process, people and technology in a shared services delivery model.
- Shared Services Experience and familiarity with different and complex delivery models
- Manages regional or global level governance & processes
- Able to evaluate and recommend best fit staffing and geography options.
- Understands the role and value of technology toward the value of Shared Services
- Leads with Vision, Mission and purpose
- Develops and maintains awareness and understanding of Shared Services industry trends
- Operational Leadership
- Leverages metrics and performance dashboards to monitor the efficiency, quality and health of the operational environment
- Drives and manages standardization and rule based transaction management
- Makes balanced decisions considering business needs
- Effectively recognizes, reduces and manages risk.
- Has an end-to-end focus toward alignment and overall process health
- Strong knowledge of the roles and responsibilities within the end-to-end process and services delivery model
- Maintains authority to effect change in given process across within the scope of the leader
- Effectively fosters a shared services culture of efficiency, quality, customer service, improvement, controls, transparency and teamwork.
- Team Leadership
- Provides opportunity for individual growth through team and project involvement
- Effectively leads team toward roadmap and objectives
- Empowers the right individuals
- Drives behavior consistent with organizational culture
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of concepts, theories and principles in own job family and basic knowledge of other related job families
- Applies understanding of the industry and how own area contributes to the achievement of objectives
- Manages a generally homogeneous team; adapts plans and priorities to meet service and/or operational challenges
- Identifies and resolves technical, operational and organizational problems
- Impacts the level of service and the team's ability to meet quality, volume, and timeliness objectives
- Guided by policies and resource requirements within business unit, department or sub-function
- Guides, influences and persuades others internally in related areas or externally
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 4 - 7 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.