Manages professional employees (jobs that typically fall on the B/E band) and/or supervisors. Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own job family. Adapts business unit, department, site or sub-function plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business unit, department or sub-function plan; receives guidance from manager. Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers.Key Responsibilities
- Manages the coordination of activities of a section or department with responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods, and employees.
- Responsible for the evaluation of vendor reliability; manages the surveying of vendors to maintain adequate working relationship. Prepares budgets and develops and administers vendor selection processes and programs.
- Reviews and approves purchases up to a specified dollar amount.
- Negotiates major contracts involving large dollar amounts.
- Develops policies and procedures for the operation of procurement activities.
- Monitors the cost, schedule and performance aspects of major subcontracts.
- Coordinates purchasing activities with engineering and manufacturing departments to maintain inventories at planned levels.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of concepts, theories and principles in own job family and basic knowledge of other related job families
- Applies understanding of the industry and how own area contributes to the achievement of objectives
- Manages a generally homogeneous team; adapts plans and priorities to meet service and/or operational challenges
- Identifies and resolves technical, operational and organizational problems
- 'Impacts the level of service and the team's ability to meet quality, volume, and timeliness objectives
Guided by policies and resource requirements within business unit, department or sub-function'
- Guides, influences and persuades others internally in related areas or externally
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.