Provides direct supervision to professional individual contributors and/or skilled, support individual contributors (jobs that could be on the C, O, T or B/E band). Acts as advisor to unit or sub-units and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems. Competencies: Competency Skill Experience
- Action Oriented
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Building Effective Teams
- Confronting Direct Reports
- Process Management
- Technical Learning
- Communication Skills: Written, Verbal, and Presentation
- Led critical projects that had key milestones with due dates
- Managed multiple projects utilizing systems and process to track performance against plan
- Provided Leadership during new project development that was responsible for deployment and tracking of technical resources
- Led new projects that was responsible for recruiting, hiring, and training new direct reports/teams
- Managed a minimum of 15 direct reports that was responsible for drive performance against objectives
- Provided leadership in managing new process development and supported implementation of at least 2 new process introductions
- Provided leadership on new product introduction and/or new customer fab.
- Managed projects in matrix environment that required frequent updates to higher management
- Develops staffing plans to support future upgrade / installation support requirements. Manages recruiting, hiring, on-boarding, training, certification, and development for all Upgrade Engineers.
- Responsible for aligning schedule of Upgrade Engineers with customer agreed to schedule requirements. Manages upgrade engineer's schedules across regions to maintain high utilization.
- Manages, coaches and directs all Upgrade Engineers. Responsible for salary planning, career planning, corrective actions where necessary, establishes objectives and performance appraisals. Gives formal updates to all employees on business environment, new hires, and new products. Can invite any guest speaker.
- Initiates reports necessary for the business. Be the prime interface with the Product Divisions: tech support, training, spares, reliability, quality.
- Monitors AMAT Award Program with quarterly results (election, announcements). Monitors the "mentor" program so that all new engineers have a defined mentor.
- Executes escalation procedure.
- Provides support plan for upgrade sales to Management, Sales, Field Engineering, and BU's. Responsible for cost efficiency of the Upgrade team. Measured by the financial result.
- Responsible for system upgrade process and final upgrade documentation requirements.
- Measurement of the Upgrade Engineers on their effectiveness. Manages accuracy, understanding and update of Upgrade Engineer hours tracking. Personal cross check and signature, measures Upgrade Engineers and takes corrective action with Upgrade Engineers as required.
- Works on issues where analysis of situation or data requires review of relevant factors
- Receives assignments in the form of objectives with goals and the process by which to meet goals. Recommends changes to unit or sub-unit policies. Management reviews work to measure meeting of objectives
- Provides direction to employees according to established policies and management guidance. Administers company policies that directly affect subordinate employees
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action.
- Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results will cause delays in schedules.
- Interaction normally requires the ability to gain cooperation of others, conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or schedules.
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.