Manages professional employees (jobs that typically fall on the B/E band) and/or supervisors. Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own job family. Adapts business unit, department, site or sub-function plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business unit, department or sub-function plan; receives guidance from manager. Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers.Key Responsibilities
- Manages and directs the activities of the EH&S function and staff. Coach, mentor and supervise EH&S team to implement the EH&S management systems to minimize the risks to employees customers and the environment
- Set up and maintenance of the EH&S system to drive continuous improvements. Ability to manage the Emergency Response team (ERT) operation, training and development. Supervises direct reports in their assigned activities with specific responsibility for staffing, technical leadership within the group, staff professional/managerial/ leadership skills and career development.
- Maintain communication channel with site/location functions. Manages and oversees the Hazardous Waste Materials Program to include identifying, analyzing and minimizing waste streams
- Ensures proper investigations of accident / incidents conducted for EH&S events and drives corrective actions. Develops and implements EH&S training programs
- Track and trend local EH&S legislation and take appropriate action to comply with requirements. Communicates EH&S issues to all necessary management and employees. Generates necessary reports and documentation
- Review and report EH&S progress and performance for assigned site/function. Develops, monitors and controls the budget for EH&S operations.
- Ensures compliance with required codes, standards and regulations. Act as a liaison with local, regional or federal regulatory authorities.
- Oversees accident / incident investigations and analyzes pertinent data. Documents results. Oversees Workers Compensation program
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of concepts, theories and principles in own job family and basic knowledge of other related job families
- Applies understanding of the industry and how own area contributes to the achievement of objectives
- Manages a generally homogeneous team; adapts plans and priorities to meet service and/or operational challenges
- Identifies and resolves technical, operational and organizational problems
- Impacts the level of service and the team's ability to meet quality, volume, and timeliness objectives
- Guided by policies and resource requirements within business unit, department or sub-function
- Guides, influences and persuades others internally in related areas or externally
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.