Manages professional employees (jobs that typically fall on the B/E band) and/or supervisors. Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own job family. Adapts business unit, department, site or sub-function plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business unit, department or sub-function plan; receives guidance from manager. Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers. Key Responsibilities
- Leads engineering team, projects and programs in area of responsibility, and ensures that necessary preliminary activities (e.g., determination of outcomes, milestones, viability studies, and resource planning, among others) are completed to allow for effectiveness and focus during later stages of projects.
- Ensures that all projects and programs assigned are completed in accordance with predetermined requirements, with specific attention to product/process specifications, project/program costs, resource utilization, and timeliness for completion. Escalates to Executive Managment when technical risks or program schedules will impact customer deliverables.
- Primary interface and escalation path to single BU DE/Ops/GPM for all NPI Engineering deliverables. Ensures that all phases of project, program and/or process development are documented and that information required in other functional areas is reported, disseminated, or transferred, as appropriate. Ensures compliance with company policies including (but not limited to) patents, Intellectual property, confidentiality, ISO, safety and others as required.
- Ensures that the utilization of team capability is carried out in an effective manner to ensure maximum productivity for the area. Ability to consistently monitor and recommend improvements. Identifies additional Engineering capability (DFx, DFc, DFt, ...) and brings into early product design to optimize manufacturability of product
- Establishes and manages departmental budgets and spending requirements. Ensures that the utilization of financial resources is carried out in an effective manner in alignment with AOP to ensure maximum productivity for the area.
- Effectively assigns work to subordinate staff, providing for professional development and coaching.
- Spearheads research and development of new manufacturing technologies, products and business processes, as appropriate, and ensures that newly created processes, designs, and/or methodologies are incorporated into Applied Materials products, and/or disseminated to other business units and segments as needed.
- Effectively utilizes common engineering technology and software packages for optimization of design development activities and timelines to ensure rapid commercialization.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of concepts, theories and principles in own job family and basic knowledge of other related job families
- Applies understanding of the industry and how own area contributes to the achievement of objectives
- Manages a generally homogeneous team; adapts plans and priorities to meet service and/or operational challenges
- Identifies and resolves technical, operational and organizational problems
- Impacts the level of service and the team's ability to meet quality, volume, and timeliness objectives
- Guided by policies and resource requirements within business unit, department or sub-function
- Guides, influences and persuades others internally in related areas or externally
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.