Manages professional employees (jobs that typically fall on the B/E band) and/or supervisors. Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own job family. Adapts business unit, department, site or sub-function plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business unit, department or sub-function plan; receives guidance from manager. Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers.Key Responsibilities
- Engages with customers at a working level to solve High Value Problems affecting customer's ability to achieve technology milestones.
- Manages small GPS team or program providing highly visible customer support through the performance of on-site installation, as well as any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex equipment and systems.
- Ensure legacy corrective actions and Lessons Learned are captured in New Products design intent. Contribute to the FMECA process.
- Align with Global Technical Training (GTT) on overall training plans for new products, train the trainers.
- Participate in Engineering Design Reviews
- Develop new procedures and Best Known Methods (BKMs) to service new products.
- Partner with Quality & Reliability (Q&R) group to review and address Top Field Issues
- Drive resolution of key issues with Engineering. Own beta site test plans and reporting
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of concepts, theories and principles in own job family and basic knowledge of other related job families
- Applies understanding of the industry and how own area contributes to the achievement of objectives
- Manages a generally homogeneous team; adapts plans and priorities to meet service and/or operational challenges
- Identifies and resolves technical, operational and organizational problems
- Impacts the level of service and the team's ability to meet quality, volume, and timeliness objectives
- Guided by policies and resource requirements within business unit, department or sub-function
- Guides, influences and persuades others internally in related areas or externally
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.