Manages professional employees (jobs that typically fall on the B/E band) and/or supervisors. Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own job family. Adapts business unit, department, site or sub-function plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business unit, department or sub-function plan; receives guidance from manager. Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers. Key Responsibilities
- Manages an engineering group with specific responsibility for mechanical systems and equipment design function, staffing, technical mentoring as required within the engineering group, staff professional and personal development, developing and sustaining supervisors/technical leaders for key areas of responsibility, and budget adherence. Also, technically lead and/or execute engineering projects/programs
- Ensures customer satisfaction via on time delivery of product releases in accordance with predetermined requirements and prompt resolution of significantly complex issues of complex scope
- Ensures the integration of engineering resources with cross functional teams to meet product goals of complex scope
- Interfaces with internal and external customers regarding significantly complex engineering issues for entire range of products
- Reviews product requirements and contributes expertise and judgment throughout the product development processes
- Spearheads research and development of new technologies and ensures that newly created processes, designs, and/or methodologies are incorporated within Applied Materials, as appropriate
- Ensures that all projects and programs assigned are completed in accordance with predetermined requirements, with specific attention to product/process specifications, project/programs costs, resource utilization, and timeless completion
- Establishes operational objectives and assignments, and effectively delegate assignments to subordinate staff. Responsible for professional development, team building, defining organizational roles, hiring and retention.
- This technical staff position leads and/or develops and executes exceptionally complex technology and engineering projects and leads research and development of new technologies as appropriate. Works on difficult issues that impact design and product success and/or addresses future concepts, products or technologies. Success is measured by one or more of the following: incremental revenue growth, market share increases, key customer penetrations, time to market improvement and commercial value of the work.
- Within safety guidelines design, perform, collect data, analyze and compile reports on unusually complex engineering experiments and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Develop innovative solutions as part of proven track record of significant technology contributions. Recognized for technical expertise.
- Conceive and implement new technology, normally participate in at least one critical patent, and received recognition through at least one award and/or published paper within the last five years.
- Collaborates to work on difficult issues that impact design and product success and/or addresses future concepts, products and technologies.
- In most cases, this is an Individual Contributor role. May manage a small group of engineers and/or post doctoral researchers(no more than 8 maximum) who assist in performing research or experimentation.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of concepts, theories and principles in own job family and basic knowledge of other related job families
- Applies understanding of the industry and how own area contributes to the achievement of objectives
- Manages a generally homogeneous team; adapts plans and priorities to meet service and/or operational challenges
- MTS Mgrs must manage less than 8 employees
- Identifies and resolves technical, operational and organizational problems
- Impacts the level of service and the team's ability to meet quality, volume, and timeliness objectives
- Guided by policies and resource requirements within business unit, department or sub-function
- Guides, influences and persuades others internally in related areas or externally
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
A little about us:
A global leader in materials engineering solutions for the semiconductor, flat panel display and solar photovoltaic (PV) industries.