Manages professional employees (jobs that typically fall on the B/E band) and/or supervisors. Is accountable for the performance and results of a team within own job family. Adapts business unit, department, site or sub-function plans and priorities to address resource and operational challenges. Decisions are guided by policies, procedures and business unit, department or sub-function plan; receives guidance from manager. Provides technical guidance to employees, colleagues and/or customers. Key Responsibilities
- Ensures that specific project and program objectives are defined for areas of responsibility, and that necessary preliminary activities (e.g., determination of outcomes, milestones, viability studies, and resource planning, among others) are completed to allow for effectiveness and focus during later stages of completion.
- Ensures that all projects and programs assigned are completed in accordance with predetermined requirements, with specific attention to product/process specifications, project/program costs, resource utilization, and timeliness for completion.
- Ensures that all phases of project, program and/or process development are documented and that information required in other functional areas is reported, disseminated, or transferred, as appropriate. Ensures compliance with Company policies regarding Engineering/Lab notebooks, patents, confidentiality and safety.
- Ensures that the utilization of all material and financial resources is carried out in an effective manner.
- Effectively assigns work to subordinate staff, providing for professional development in addition to maximum productivity for the area.
- Spearheads research and development of new technologies, as appropriate, and ensures that newly created processes, designs, and/or methodologies are incorporated into Applied Materials products/services, and/or disseminated to other areas as needed.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of concepts, theories and principles in own job family and basic knowledge of other related job families
- Applies understanding of the industry and how own area contributes to the achievement of objectives
- Manages a generally homogeneous team; adapts plans and priorities to meet service and/or operational challenges
- Identifies and resolves technical, operational and organizational problems
- Impacts the level of service and the team's ability to meet quality, volume, and timeliness objectives
- Guided by policies and resource requirements within business unit, department or sub-function
- Guides, influences and persuades others internally in related areas or externally
Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.Qualifications: Education
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7 - 10 Years of Experience
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.