Johnson and Johnson is currently recruiting for a Manager Laboratory Services AMERS.
Johnson & Johnson, through its operating companies, is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based manufacturer of health care products, as well as a provider of related services, for the consumer, pharmaceutical, and medical devices markets. We strive to provide scientifically sound, high quality products and services to help heal, cure disease, and improve the quality of life.
Within the organization of the Johnson & Johnson World-wide Engineering and Technical Operations, Asset Management Center of Excellence Department, the Manager Lab Services AMERS will have a significant impact on the enterprise-wide laboratory service programs across all sectors of the Johnson & Johnson (Consumer, Pharma and Medical Devices & Diagnostics).
This position will be responsible for managing all of the Americas enterprise-wide laboratory services programs; Enterprise Laboratory Instrumentation Services (ELIS), Laboratory Services (VWR CATALYST) and Asset Redeployment Management Systems (ARMS). This position will also assess opportunities for the overall lab services experience and lab program implementations and will maximize savings and opportunities for improving the lab efficiencies by leveraging economies of scale, best practices and innovations.
This position will be responsible for:
- Managing the outsourced lab services programme in the Americas.
- Project management and supplier governance for the lab services suppliers.
- Growing the J&J Lab Services Center of Excellence Model into the different Janssen, Medical Device, and Consumer franchise sites in the Americas region.
- Performing site and supplier evaluations to maximize savings.
- Developing enterprise standardization for best practices in compliant lab operations.
- Identifying and implementing consolidated maintenance, calibration services and scientific support services.
- Applying Lean Lab Initiatives and “Just In Time/Point of Use” laboratory supply plans with lab specific logistics services.
- Creating and communicating metrics to gauge success and track performance for portfolios of lab programs.
- Managing the J&J Asset Redeployment Management Program for the Americas sites by identifying non-used equipment, providing process guidance for site and supplier level involvement, and help coordinate placing of equipment on asset redeployment networks.
- Minimizing supplier spend and ensuring maximum equipment utilization, including the use of open access equipment. Managing site logistics for location of suppliers’ resources, lab supplies, and storage areas.
- Developing robust customer relations with key laboratory and procurement managers by gaining and maintaining the respect of the scientific community through engagement.
- Providing periodic updates on program results and solicit feedback on program performance with a focus on continuous improvement, cost savings and scalability.
- Meeting regularly with concerned stakeholders to review lab service governance, new opportunities and performance metrics.
- Accountability for operational expense budgets, driving cost reduction and cost efficiencies, leveraging resources and optimizing contractor management through consolidation of suppliers and leveraging spend volumes.
- Collaboraing with local business partners and suppliers to ensure seamless delivery of lab services and leverage opportunities where appropriate.
- Driving robust safety requirements and laboratory standards for GLP, GCP and GMP compliance within established lab programs as appropriate for each site.
- Integrating programs with existing services offerings (Environment, Health & Safety, Maintenance, Site Services,…) at all campus locations.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s degree is required.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience is required, within a Facilities or Laboratory environment.
- Systems requirements (ARIBA, Maximo, SAP-PM, MS Office, Trackwise Analytical and reporting tools).
- Customer Interfaces (Share Points, electronic surveys, electronic reports, etc.) are required.
- GMP, EHS, compliance, and other regulatory standards are required.
- Lab Services best practices are required.
- Emerging best practices and industry innovations are required.
- Demonstrates excellent project and program management capabilities, influencing and negotiating skills with cross-functional teams and solid understanding of supplier contract management are requirement.
- Customer Relationship Management, Site Governance/Operations are required.
- Leadership capabilities including talent development and performance management is required.
- Good Written and oral communications at different Organizational levels (English/Spanish) are required.
- Financial/budget management is required.
- Adept in working in a matrix organization where can leading exempt and external resources are required.
- Ability to focus strategically while maintaining a tactical/operational focus is required.
- Ability to lead a team of external suppliers with diverse skills and competencies spanning business and technical areas is required.
- Ability to lead diverse teams through change and organizational transformation is required.
- Ability to adapt emerging best practices and industry innovations is required.
- Innovative thinking is required.
- Influencing skills and strong analytical skills are required.
- Proficient in safety and environmental compliance are required.
- Familiar with applying LEAN concepts and Process Excellence certification is highly desirable.
- Must be mobile and able to independently transport him/her self to various sites/locations within J&J. Required traveling and direct support to sites approx. Up to 40% of the time is required.
United States-Pennsylvania-Spring HouseOther Locations
North America-United StatesOrganization
Johnson & Johnson Services Inc. (6090)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.