Company SummaryYum! Brands, Inc., based in Louisville, Kentucky, has nearly 43,000 restaurants in 135 countries and territories and is one of the Aon Hewitt Top Companies for Leaders in North America. The Company’s restaurant brands – KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell – are the global leaders of the chicken, pizza and Mexican-style food categories. Worldwide, the Yum! Brands system opens over six new restaurants per day on average, making it a leader in global retail development.
Since our spin-off from PepsiCo in 1997, Yum! Brands has become a truly global company going from approximately 20 percent of profits coming from outside the U.S. to almost 65 percent in 2015. We’re a leader in global retail development, opening on average over six new restaurants per day worldwide.
We’re proud to be the worldwide leader in emerging markets with nearly 17,000 restaurants, nearly twice as many as the nearest competition. With about 2.5 restaurants per million people in the top 10 emerging markets, compared to 57 restaurants per million in the U.S., we are on the ground floor of global growth.
Our goal is to continue to build three global, iconic brands that people trust and champion. We are evolving KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell into more relevant, engaged, connected and caring global brands. We will focus on sharper brand positioning and insight-driven marketing programs by concentrating on these key areas: more product customization, more transparency, leading innovation and more engagement through social media and digital. We also remain focused on the three keys to driving shareholder value: new-unit development, same-store sales growth and generating high returns on invested capital.
Importantly, we’re extremely proud of our associates around the globe and the unique culture we’ve built, one that’s filled with energy, opportunity, and fun. We believe in our people, trust in their positive intentions, encourage ideas from everyone, and have actively developed a workforce that is diverse in style and background. Yum! Brands is a place where anyone can, and does, make a difference. Job Description
The Manager of Learning & Hiring Applications is a proven and experienced technical leader in managing online training and recruiting technologies for a global organization. This leader will support technology platforms for the Yum Global system, including 3 global brands’ domestic and international markets, corporate and franchise stores. This leader must have strong people leadership and technical skills, with experience in the learning technology space to provide guidance on strategic decisions for our brand partners. This role will be the primary point of contact for all Yum and Division (Brand) functional clients and their technology needs. The role will also lead a technical team of both full time employees and contractors and will be responsible for day to day vendor management and oversight. Additional responsibilities include providing technical expertise, thought leadership, guidance to team members, project leadership, and influencing client decisions around technology solutions.
- Partner with vendors to influence product roadmap and support ongoing release management across the Yum system
- Develop sound business cases for new learning and recruiting technology that drives the business forward and meets the needs of Yum clients.
- Develop Yum technology strategies and roadmaps and align key business clients with those strategies.
- Collaborate with cross functional client partners to establish, maintain and manage Yum Learning & Recruiting Applications in various lifecycle stages. These lifecycle stages are broad and span both projects and support.
- Monitor industry trends and best practices and share this information to drive action.
- Orchestrate convergence between People, Process and Technology to achieve Yum objectives.
- Lead technical resources in supporting Yum Learning & Recruiting applications. Current applications include Saba Cloud, Kenexa, survey tools, social business collaboration, and various other systems.
- Assemble, lead, and execute on the roadmap and strategy for Yum applications.
- Provides technical oversight and direction to Yum clients for new technology.
- Provides expertise and executional excellence on integration, support and troubleshooting for all Yum Learning & Recruiting applications.
- Participates on project teams to design and execute project specific application deliverables.
- Manages solutions delivery for projects in a distributed work environment.
- Proactively manage and audit performance of vendors that provide software as a service (SaaS) solutions to Yum.
- Pushes when appropriate to quickly resolve issues that impact the field learning community
- Proactively collaborates with the brands to determine and address future LMS/hiring needs of the business
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- 10 years of experience in a complex multi-tier application architecture, strategy and support role with multi-year tenures in prior positions.
- 5+ years of experience in supporting, managing Learning Technology platforms
- 5-10 years of client and project management experience.
- 5-10 years of people management experience.
- Experience in supporting learning or recruiting platforms in a global organization
- Capable of working independently and driving action in matrix team environments with minimal guidance on large scale initiatives.
- Thorough knowledge of design and integration principles for complex global IT environments.
- Ability to evaluate and make solid recommendations regarding application strategies and products.
- Experience integrating internal systems with external hosted applications.
- Ability to translate complex technical terminology, concepts and issues in terms understandable to technical and non-technical management and resources staff
- Strong interpersonal skills to resolve problems in a professional manner, lead working groups, negotiate and create consensus across a global IT community.
Demonstrated ability managing through influence across organizational boundaries