Johnson & Johnson Human Performance Institute is a division of Johnson & Johnson Health and Wellness Solutions, an enterprise-level Center of Excellence focused on developing, accelerating and enhancing Johnson & Johnson solutions to improve health outcomes. The Health and Wellness Solutions group serves the Johnson & Johnson Pharmaceutical, MD&D and Consumer sectors, providing expertise in behavioral science and behavior modification, digital patient/consumer engagement and coaching tools, outcomes measurement and analytics, and digital/IT platforms that support these activities.
The Learning Strategy and Instructional Design Manager will be responsible for defining a comprehensive and sustainable learning strategy(s) that supports the JJHPI Product Portfolio.
The Learning Strategy and Instructional Design Manager is responsible for strategic definition of learning experiences, development of learning strategy and curriculum roadmap to service the JJHPI product portfolio. This candidate will play a critical role in the end-to-end learning process – learning need identification, analysis, design, development and transition to delivery and implementation teams. This individual will partner with sales, delivery and implementation teams to bring the right JJHPI learning experience to the customer based on customer insights, market insights, and product roadmap. The Learning Strategy and Instructional Design Manager is responsible for the overall design integrity and quality of the learning experience (through initial release). Additionally, the Learning Strategy and Instructional Design Manager is accountable for insuring that the learning experience(s) achieves the desired business outcomes.
- Learning Needs Identification
- Insights gathering to inform product roadmap
- Inform JJHPI teams of a potential innovation of new learning experience or renovation of current learning experiences
- Learner Analysis
- Analyze learner needs through evaluation, collaboration with delivery and implementation teams, and ethnographic research.
- Learning Strategy
- Own the learning strategy for all JJHPI Corporate Athlete Products
- Provide subject matter expertise on learning innovation and analytics
- Define product updates cadence for new release of learning experiences or renovation of existing learning experiences
- Apply adult learning theories and instructional design expertise to advise and consult on innovative and blended learning experiences leveraging technologies and diverse instructional methods (e.g. virtual learning, social collaboration, micro-learning methods).
- Define prototyping and development approaches based on client needs and schedule
- Ensure overall quality, integrity, organization and execution of the learning framework meets agreed-to quality criteria and business outcomes
- Build innovative delivery channels and content to optimally support the JJHPI product portfolio
- Engage PM and/or PMO team
- Detailed Design & Iterative Development
- Conduct regular reviews of learning to insure that the learning experience is creating the desired impact and outcome for the target population.
- Identify learning objectives for each learning experience component based on desired business outcomes; align content to appropriate learning objectives
- Maintain quality and consistency of the holistic learning experience across the JJHPI product portfolio through iterative development and transition to Delivery & Implementation teams
- Establish quality governance within and across learning experiences
- Collaborate with the Delivery and Implementation team regularly to make sure learning experiences is ready for transition
- Confirm quality of learning experience(s) to business outcomes (exit criteria for transition to Delivery & Implementation)
- Transition to Delivery and Implementation Teams
- Work with the Project Manager to establish transition schedule and activities in conjunction with the Delivery and Implementation team
- Contribute to and participate in project debrief reviews
- Identify continuous improvement areas based on lessons learned
- Relationship Management
- Serve as the single point of contact for the Account Management team and the Content Development team to provide learning process from learning need identification through transition to Delivery & Implementation
- According to governance approach, partner with Project Manager to ensure risks and issues with timeline, scope and budget are appropriately documented, reported and mitigated
- Collaborate with team, peers and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to maintain relationships
- Serve as JJHPI Learning Experience subject matter expert leveraging industry leading practices and building external partnerships.
- Innovation and Analytics
- Incorporate learning insights to inform future learning experience design and development
- Work with Marketing to gather market insights and identify business needs
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict responsibilities that may be assigned.
• A minimum of a Bachelor Degree is required. An advanced degree such as MS/MA in HR, OD, Learning Experience, Instructional Design or similar related disciplined is preferred.
• A minimum of 10 years of learning & development and/or leadership development experience, along with a minimum of 3 years of people management experience is required.
• Experience managing a portfolio of learning initiatives, projects and programs, and developing and conducting training needs analysis are required.
• Experience in leading change and the ability to get buy in from key stakeholders is required.
• Experience with designing, developing and deploying learning experiences including eLearning, ILT, VILT, micro-learning, and train the trainer programs.
• Must have proven ability to think strategically and to translate strategic directives into tactical initiatives. Must have strong business acumen, facilitation and platform training skills.
- Establish robust learning experience metrics, evaluation and data strategy to measure impact of learning experiences and sustainable behavior change.
• Must have exposure to cross functional business processes and ability to work successfully in a matrixed environment
• Must have excellent executive presentation skills, ability to communicate complex ideas clearly and concisely, and the ability to respectfully question and/or challenge others to think through problems, improvement opportunities, solutions, and plans
• This position is located in Orlando, Fl full-time and may include 25% travel.
J&JHlth&WellSolutions,Inc (6173)Job Function
Training & Development
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.