Manager Legal Entity Reporting
Under minimal supervision, ensure that all legal entity transactions are correctly recorded for reporting purposes. Responsible for coordinating the accounting for legal entity transactions that are initiated by the Corporate office, reconciling key consolidated accounts, invoicing intercompany royalties and managing the legal entity forecasting process. The position works closely with various departments including, Corporate Tax, Corporate Treasury and Corporate Consolidations along with local business unit accounting teams.
1. Ensure that the information related to transactions initiated by the Corporate office is properly recorded and evidence of such transactions is documented in a central location. These transactions include, but are not limited to, capital injections, dividends, royalty charges, R&D charges, intercompany loans, and complex legal entity restructurings.
2. Manages the process for creating accounting entries and ensuring that entries are properly recorded on a worldwide basis.
3. Advise business unit locations worldwide on appropriate US GAAP accounting treatment for such transactions.
4. Lead responsibility for the administration of the Company's database to track transactions.
5. Responsible for preparing and reviewing reconciliation of key accounts impacted by the transactions on a monthly basis in the consolidated results of the Company.
6. Assist with the legal entity forecasting process.
7. Manage a comprehensive process to ensure that Corporate initiated transactions are properly communicated to and recorded at the local entity level.
8. Participate in HFM Steering Committee Meetings.
9. For complex legal entity reporting transactions, assist business unit locations worldwide on appropriate US GAAP accounting treatment for such transactions.
10. Prepares special reports and analyses, and assists with special projects as needed.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, with previous experience in multi-national business desirable.
• CPA certification preferred.
• Strong working knowledge of US GAAP and consolidations.
• 6+ years of relevant experience in private industry or equivalent level of experience in public accounting.
• Big 4 public accounting experience is preferred.
• Ability to identify opportunities for process improvement and a drive to achieve both short term and long term results.
• Ability to meet firm deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills. Demonstrated supervisory abilities.
• Knowledge of and experience with computerized financial systems, including personal computer systems, Excel, Windows, HFM / Hyperion, and other mainframe or PC based general ledger and related software.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.