- Conducting investigations related to embezzlement, whistleblower, financial reporting fraud, foreign corrupt practices act, loan fraud, fidelity claims, claw back litigation, construction fraud, Ponzi schemes, health care fraud, fraudulent conveyance, purchase price disputes, royalty audit, related party transactions, billing disputes, bankruptcy fraud, securities fraud, anti-money laundering, and other matters
- Assisting with litigation discovery on document requests and preparation of interrogatories; analyzing documents and assisting with preparing questions for witnesses
- Analyzing and reconstructing fraudulent transactions, complex transactions, funds tracing, financial statements, etc.
- Preparation of damage calculations
- Data mining and analysis, including database construction of financial records, accounting data, database extracts, etc.
- Performing electronic reviews of evidence
- Assisting with discovery on document requests and interrogatories
- Assisting with the preparation of questions for witnesses
- Preparing market and competitive assessments
- Preparing industry and market research
- Assisting with the preparation of Rule 26 expert and other reports, affidavits, and other client deliverables (rebuttal reports, demonstrative tables, exhibits and charts)
- Compiling organized working papers
- Supervising staff and project teams
- Contributing to proposals and assisting with business development activities to grow our practice (including CLE presentations, webinars, attending industry conferences, authorship of white papers, etc.)
- Cultivating and maintaining positive, productive, and professional relationships with colleagues and clients
- Minimum B.S. / B.A. degree or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics from an accredited university. Master's degree a plus.
- 3.0 GPA overall and in major
- 5+ years of experience providing litigation support, investigation, and forensic accounting services; "Big 4" or national consulting firm experience a plus.
- Attained or progress towards attaining CPA, CFE, CFF, ABV, AM, CFA or CLP certifications
- Database experience with IDEA or Access software programs
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to travel to clients and other RSM offices
- Ability to work long hours and have flexibility to meet client deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to gather facts, organize data, analyze financial statements and other financial data, and identify relevant issues
- Strong verbal and writing and communication skills and ability to communicate complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to balance multiple priorities
- Self-starter who can work independently with minimal supervision
- Eagerness and willingness to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment and understand your role on the team
- Driven to exceed client expectations
- Natural aptitude for solving problems
- Desire to learn and develop
A little about us:
RSM US LLP is the nation’s leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market.