Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 130,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit http://www.johnsoncontrols.com/ or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
This position is located in Lubbock Texas.
The Manufacturing Maintenance Manager, organizes, leads, and controls the Maintenance Department towards the achievement of operational objectives.
Responsible for the maintenance of equipment, buildings, grounds, and site security. Prepares cost estimates for Innovations, expansions, etc. Monitors utility systems to ensure full and efficient operations. Initiates cost saving measures in all areas of responsibility.
The daily responsibilites are:
- Translate the overall business metrics for the Plant into specific Maintenance Department metrics.
- Determine the tasks, projects and programs necessary to achieve the Maintenance Department metrics.
- Develop aggressive but realistic time-tables for tasks, projects and programs
- Determine the resources required to achieve the Maintenance Department metrics.
- Define specific duties and responsibilities.
- Delegate the tasks and action items to the appropriate individuals and resources.
- Identify training needs.
- As necessary, discuss and resolve any resource limitations with Leaders
- Ensure that metrics are known and understood by all team members.
- Help team members understand their roles and responsibilities in achieving the metrics.
- Be visible on the floor.
- Stay in close touch with internal customers
- Measure performance against goals (metrics).
- Proactively solicit feedback from internal customers.
- Identify root cause(s) for metric and performance shortfall(s)
- Develop corrective action(s) to address root causes
- Hold team members accountable for the timely completion of their duties and responsibilities.
The ideal candidate for this positon is someone that has:
- Strong equipment maintenance and repair knowledge to include technical understanding of advanced manufacturing machinery and systems, including PLCs, servo-controlled systems, and robotics.
- Closed-loop servo-controlled systems that are utilized in the machine tools and automated assembly equipment that we use to manufacture our products.
- Experience with metal-removal equipment (machine tools such as CNC machining centers, mills, dial-index machines, rotary transfer machines, etc.)
- Bachelors degree in a related technical field such as engineering or technology.
- Could possess an AS degree or similar of a technical nature.
- Knowledge, experience, training in advanced manufacturing equipment, machinery and systems is required.
A little about us:
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and industrial leader serving customers in more than 150 countries.