The Maintenance Manager provides leadership and directs strategy for the maintenance effort in support with plant's strategic and production plans for a Tier 4 plant (30M+ caseloads/yr). He/she is the TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) Pillar Leader and is responsible for improving asset utilization, uptime and production throughout by implementing proven Professional Maintenance and reliability improvement processes. He/she ensures responsive and proactive maintenance support to all plant customers by implementing sound work management processes. He/she is responsible for department budgeting, professional and technical development of his/her assigned salaried and hourly associates. Additionally, he/she is responsible to seek methods to reduce utilities consumption and protect the environment.Responsibilities and Duties:
In the performance of his/her duties, the Maintenance Manager:
- Develops and executes 1yr and 3 yr business plans supporting national/regional/local (TPM) Total Productive Manufacturing objectives including the development & implementation of strategies, processes & programs.
- Manages and develops maintenance team leads/supervisor and maintenance technicians; Provides maintenance guidance and oversight for all plant associates; motivates, coaches and develops a diverse, high performing and engaged team to meet established goals and build organizational capability.
- Supports plant facilities and equipment maintenance to produce quality products in an efficient and profitable manner; Supports the operation in ways to help reduce overall costs.
- Oversees and assists in the establishment, analysis, and submission of yearly departmental budgets.
- Creates and adheres to a work order planning and scheduling process; Ensure service calls and machinery repairs are completed in a timely manner.
- Continually reduces equipment downtime and increase availability through the establishment of a preventive/predictive maintenance program (including failure analysis) designed, directed, monitored and continually improved.
- Manage plant level capital projects in conjunction with Project Managers.
- Champions and drives relentless reduction of breakdown losses through Breakdown Analysis and other appropriate Focused Improvement Tools.
- Establishes and maintains a SOX-compliant stockroom operation that provides repair parts for critical process equipment as well as necessary consumables for the plant.
- Maintains good working relationships with other organizational units in the plant; ensures compliance to company and regulatory policies.
- Participates in, and supports, the Department safety training program. (I.E.: weekly safety meetings, shop safety inspections, enforcement of lock-out/tag-out program, enforcement of the confined space program, etc.).
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree highly desired; 7+ years of maintenance and 7 yrs. manufacturing experience
- 10 yrs. of increasing levels of supervisory roles of people & processes required
- Demonstrated ability to support a long term maintenance plan showing year over year improvement in Reliability, Maintenance KPIs and maintenance Cost.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement.
- Working knowledge of national, state, and local regulatory requirements in the areas of food safety, safety, environment and emergency management.
- Working knowledge of basic elements of Good Manufacturing Practices and manufacturing management.
- Working knowledge of key business drivers used to gauge the effectiveness and performance of an internal group or supplier
- TPM Certifications, ISO, Lean, Six Sigma, and/or continuous improvement strategy highly desired
- Strong experience in project management preferred; experience in Equipment Preventive Maintenance Management
- Strong experience and working knowledge of plant maintenance software, SAP preferred
DRIVE INNOVATION : Generate new or unique solutions and embrace new ideas that help sustain our business
COLLABORATE WITH SYSTEM, CUSTOMERS, AND OTHER STAKEHOLDERS : Develop and leverage relationships with stakeholders to appropriately stretch and impact the System (Company and Bottler)
ACT LIKE AN OWNER : Deliver results, creating value for our brands, our System, our customers and key stakeholders
INSPIRE OTHERS : Inspire people to deliver our mission and 2020 Vision, demonstrate passion for the business and give people a reason to believe anything is possible
DEVELOP SELF AND OTHERS : Develop self and support others' development to achieve full potential**Full Relocation Assistance provided**
Honesty and integrity have always been cornerstone values of The Coca-Cola Company. Our passion for people of integrity mirrors our spirited drive for total quality in our brands. These and other elements allow the company to sustain strategic practices and drive business performance. The Personnel Integrity Assurance Program is another step toward making The Coca-Cola Company the premier workplace. This process includes a pre-employment background investigation that applies to all applicants, employees, and contractors of the company. The scope of this inquiry may cover such elements as education, employment history, a criminal history check, reference checks, and a pre-employment drug screen. Designated countries or sensitive positions within the company may have more stringent standards.
At The Coca-Cola Company you can cultivate your career in a challenging and dynamic environment. We are the largest manufacturer and distributor of nonalcoholic drinks in the world-selling more than 1 billion drinks a day. Unlock your full potential with a future-focused company that is known and respected throughout the world.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top
Coca-Cola’s success would not be possible without the world’s best employees. We invite you to challenge yourself, join us and prosper.