Janssen Biotech, Inc., a biotechnology company of Johnson & Johnson, is recruiting for a Manager, Market Research – Oncology located in Horsham, PA.
At the Janssen Pharmaceutical Companies of Johnson & Johnson, what matters most is helping people live full and healthy lives. We focus on treating, curing and preventing some of the most devastating and complex diseases of our time. And we pursue the most promising science, wherever it might be found.
Janssen Biotech, Inc. delivers on the promise of new treatments and ways to improve the health of individuals with serious disease. Built upon a legacy of innovative firsts, Janssen Biotech pursues advancing patient care with immunology and oncology solutions. Please visit http://www.janssenbiotech.com/ for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it.
The Manager, Market Research – Oncology will be:
- Responsible for generating, integrating and translating insights and analytics into growth opportunities and tactics that shape decisions and drive organizational action for the Oncology Therapeutic Area.
- Partner closely with brand teams and cross functional partners and serves as an internal consultant to the Sales & Marketing team. This position plays a key role in advising and counseling business partners in the development of new and existing business strategies and as a result, shares accountability for business results.
- Participate in development and implementation of Oncology primary research plan in marketing, sales and payor spaces, including developmental research (e.g. product / patient/ attitudinal segmentation, A&U studies, etc.,) and evaluative research (brand positioning, advertising & promotional copy, pricing, etc.).
- Implement research approaches, identify appropriate supplier partners, foster strong partnerships in the context of resources, timing and overall project goals. Be accountable for conducting research activities in a compliant manner.
- Integrate primary research insights with intelligence & analytical insights developed by peers across the Commercial Insights & Strategy team (business intelligence, forecasting and integrated analytics) for Oncology and translate into business impact.
- Provide strategic input to help shape strategic and business plans, brand strategies and new product launch plans and life cycle management for Oncology.
- Partner with Commercial Development team to embed Value Excellence into the brand or franchise efforts.
- Focus on key business questions and frame business problems into research plans. Provide integrated findings and insights that drive sales and marketing strategies for their respective franchise teams as well as the portfolio. Apply basic consulting skills, including consultative listening, problem definition, hypothesis generation, data analysis, translation to value, and oral and written presentation for impact.
- Partner across the CIS team to integrate all information (custom, syndicated, forecasted and modeled) into strategies and organizational actions that drive tangible growth in revenue or profit. Consistently focus on key business issues for the brand as well as the franchise.
- BA/BS required
- Advanced degree desirable.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant business experience is required.
- Experience in intelligence, marketing, sales, business analytics, strategic planning, management consulting is preferred.
- Experience in primary market research is required. Experience with secondary market research data is preferred.
- Diversity of experience is preferred, with demonstrated learning agility in order to be able to move across different types of markets such as primary care/retail or specialty markets.
- Prior experience in Oncology is preferred.
- Business/market experience and industry knowledge to influence franchise/brand level decisions and strategies are required.
- Business acumen, strategic thinking.
- Analytical skills and learning agility.
- Ability to integrate and leverage insights and analytics.
- Experience in developing comprehensive and impactful recommendations and solutions that drive key decisions.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and other business applications is required.
- This position is based in Horsham, PA and requires up to 30% travel.
Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc (6062)Job Function
A little about us:
Johnson & Johnson cares for the world - bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people.