SUMMARY OF POSITION:
• Key advisor to the senior leadership of the SoCal Market Unit, providing thought leadership and strategic thinking, influencing and driving change, and leading and developing a large supporting organization supporting Net Revenue of $1B and Volume of 93MM cases
• Primary finance liaison between the Market Unit Sales Operations, Distribution Center (DC) management and the Region Finance Team.
• Consultant to market unit cross functional business partners in the development and input of business strategies that drive topline growth and control of $278MM annual operating expenses.
• Provides financial leadership, insights and analytical support to distribution center and market unit management teams
• Supports market unit regarding financial forecasting, OPEX planning, and results analysis
• Monitor, communicates and supports adherence to internal controls and consistent execution of standard business processes within the Market Unit including 11 Distribution Centers
• Champion process improvement initiatives at the distribution center and Market Unit levels.
POSITION ACTIVITIES AND TASKS:
Business Partner (65%)
• Collaborate with Market Unit Leadership Team and functional leadership to develop annual Market Unit business plan. Develop detailed cost center operating expense budgets. Analyze and communicate risks/opportunities inherent the annual business plan and work to solve gaps. Educate key stakeholders on plan assumptions and accountabilities
• Interpret and summarize key business indicators to provide market unit sales and supply chain management analysis and insights that facilitate timely and impactful decisions
• Review and analyze MU financial statements for material variances. Assess the root causes and discuss corrective actions with MU and OU HQ leadership
• Identifies risk and opportunities in volume forecast and collaborates with region sales team on gap solving. Steward OCM monitoring/tracking to provide detailed analysis and insights on risk/opportunities in operating expenses
• Responsible for the implementation and consistent execution of standard business practices and policies throughout the market unit
• Monitor the internal control environment through direct management of DC Business Managers
• Drive continued focus on internal control environment through active coaching/management
• Support the Incentives COE in the execution of non-AIP incentives
• Support and lead development of streamlined processes in delivering OU/MU initiatives
• Perform periodic/quarterly trade and facility visits to assist in the assessment of opportunities for improvements in execution
Building Capabilities (35%)
• Collaborate with Product Supply and Region Sales organizations to drive process improvement and ensure adherence to internal controls
Requires 25 – 40% travel
EDUCATION LEVEL REQUIRED
• BA/BS in Accounting or Finance or the equivalent combination of education and experience
• Five to ten years of related business experience
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
• Soft drink industry or consumer packaged goods experience
• Proven people leadership skills
• 3+ years of experience in business planning and analysis, along with P&L management
• Experience in preparing financial information for use by non-financial managers
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Understanding of GAAP, legal requirements, and company policies and procedures.
• Demonstrated understanding of SAP
• Specific understanding of Excel data analysis and pivot tables
• Understanding of technology software impacting day to day business operations as well as information systems.