Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Manager, Marketing Strategy and Planning
The Manager, Marketing Strategy & Planning will be a key member of Comcast Cable's Marketing Strategy & Planning (MS&P) group, responsible for supporting all aspects of the company's marketing insights and decision making to achieve the company's growth targets. This role requires a unique blend of rich market research experience, deep analytical skills and a strategic mindset in order understand various sets of data points about the market, consumers and our products to improve our marketing effectiveness and create long lasting customer relationships.
This position reports to the Sr. Director, Marketing Strategy & Planning and offers the opportunity to work closely with a variety of cross functional teams, including Sales, Retention, Acquisition, FP&A, Enterprise Business Intelligence, and our Product divisions to drive fully integrated marketing solutions. Advanced understanding of enterprise data architecture is a plus. This position will support the creation of marketing strategy and its integration with daily business performance and real time marketing and sales intelligence.
Lead effectiveness analytics, across key dimensions (demand generation, sales channel effectiveness, connect/disconnectquality, customer analysis, and attrition)
- Leverage quantitative/qualitative research and analysis to answer key business questions around the organization and deliver a compelling customer focused story
- Develop an automated process of trend detection, pushing insights to leadership in a timely fashion in conjunction with connect-disconnect and customer community panel research
- Primary contact for key analytics teams across the organization, including EBI, market share , and division marketing & sales research teams
- Own and drive medium/long-term strategy projects across various functional areas
- Identify hotspots, diagnose drivers and provide in month/quarter insights
- Seek efficiencies for how the team analyzes various streams of data and collaborate with headquarters and division counterparts on best practices
- Align business results from the Community with business performance trends to create a 360 view of the customer and how their behavior impacts business growth
- Contribute to the total effectiveness of the department, communicating openly, solving problems proactively, offering creative ideas and working as a positive, engaged team member
- Build relationships across the business unit and organization to create strategic partnerships and initiatives
- Partner with the Strategic Planning team to enrich the value of research and insights
- Partner with and manage external vendors and consultants when necessary
Bachelors degree, Masters Degree a plus
Work Experience & Requirements
- Generally requires 6-9 years experience in qual/quant research, business analytics, business strategy and/or marketing
- Management consulting experience preferred
- Expert in Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to develop compelling strategic narratives and present findings to Sr. Leadership
- Strategic thinker, with a demonstrable understanding of marketing & sales mechanics
- Strong technical acumen and experience
- Proven track record of turning data into insights; experience with automating data analyses and detection and disseminating results via the latest visualization and reporting technologies
- Demonstrated ability in handling and navigating large and complex data sets and databases
- Experience with SQL, Oracle, relational databases, and other access and storage technologies
- Experience in handling projects involving data mining techniques (Forecasting, clustering, decision trees, etc) using mining tools such as SAS and/or SPSS
- Outside the box thinking with a proactive approach to problem solving
- Understanding of advanced analytic techniques, BI tools, and data visualization software (IBM Cognos and Tableau preferred)
- Strong project management, communication, and strategic thinking skills
Compliance: Comcast is an EEO/AA/Drug Free Workplace.
Disclaimer: The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer
Comcast brings together the best in media + technology. We drive innovation to create the world's best entertainment and online experiences.